Waxing Before LBL

Amy Smith
on 12/12/11 9:33 pm
Okay, so I am 9 days out from a LBL and received notification from my surgeon that I need to do a "complete perineal shave."  I have decided to go the direction of waxing, BUT it said to shave 2 days prior to surgery.  I have a brazilian scheduled for 2 days before my surgery, but am concerned that it might be too close.  IF I did it today or this Thursday do you think that is too early?  (My LBL is the 22nd with markings on the 21st.)

I have NO experience with this kind of stuff and don't know who to ask so I though who better than those who have lived it! 

So, what do you all think or what did you do?  I think I am going to call today and see if I can do it Thursday of this week.
Laura in Texas
on 12/12/11 10:15 pm
I did nothing pre-op and the nurse used an electric razor on me right before my surgery. It was definitely not a close shave and no big deal. I don't think it needs to be completely "bare" down there.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

newalpha
on 12/12/11 10:24 pm
Most P.S. prefer you to not disturb the "area" mine didn't previde any info. so I called and asked if it was ok to shave. I was told that they would remove any hair that was in in the incision area. With that being said, I shaved day before surgery. Your LBL is at the top of the bikini line, I'm not sure why the whole "landing strip" needs to be slick, but that's just me. Since your asking I would wax early and touch up with razor. A phone call is probably wise.
mkbeany
on 12/12/11 10:56 pm
I have never heard of such a thing.
I was told to leave all hair in place.

Hair removal should be left to the OR and done with a clipper to lessen chances of infection.

I would call the office and check.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Amy Smith
on 12/12/11 11:00 pm
I guess I should mention he is also doing a mons lift as part of the label, but if I don't wax I am instructed to shave 2 days prior to sx!
Thanks!
MarieF
on 12/13/11 11:24 am
Hi there.  I am 3 weeks out from an  anchor TT, arm lift, & mons lift & my Dr. also asked me to shave "everything" at least 2 days before.  I thought about waxing too but was not very happy with the way things looked down there so I just shaved to save having someone see it.  But I have to say now it looks great! lol  Good luck with your surgery!

My current goal is to loose half of me.... at 163.5lbs I will be half gone! 
waitinggame
on 12/13/11 1:21 am - Bowie, MD
I was told specifically not to do it close to surgery and NOT to do any trimming beyond whatever I normally do. Disrupting the area opens up the possibility of folliculitis leading to further infection--or so I was told. Might be worth questioning.

Getting close!!! (no reference to your hair removal technique! LOL!)
Amy Smith
on 12/13/11 1:48 am
LOL! :-)
I go away this weekend and hope I can relax b/c I am wound up right now!
katsparks
on 12/13/11 7:21 am - Auburn, CA
I waxed prior to surgery and also had a mons lift. Don;'t stress abou tit. If you are really worried, call the nurse at your surgeons office. They are used to getting all sorts of interesting questions!

SW:270         GW: 125         CW:104(and still losing)
New Goal Weight: Whereever my body feels most comfortable and stops losing.

Abdominoplasty with Dr. Scott Green: 10/11/11
Amy Smith
on 12/13/11 1:12 pm
Conclusion:
After your input, talking to my salon, and others who have been thru this with my surgeon I moved my wax appointment up to this aftenoon so there was time for the area to settle down and be less "aggrevated." 
As I write it is still a little red and VERY tender, but I think I made a good decision thanks to your input.

Now, if I could just relax and know that things will be smooth so I can relax between now and next Thursday!

Most Active