gentle YAG

johns-wife
on 12/19/11 10:58 pm

I was told last year by my super awesome PS (sauceda) that I did not need plastics for my face. He also said that blehroplasty probably wont fix my dark eyes anyway since the problem is due to hereditary isses and not skin laxicity. Please excuse my spelling. Anyway, I decided to go to a few local people for estimates on services. The first man gave me a 2900 quote for a 6 week skin treatment and laser resurfacing. The second guy gave me a 2400 quote for 3 treatments of Gentle Yag. I chose the Gentle Yag and had my first procedure yesterday. She only did the snapping lasers around my nose where I have red veins. The rest of my face she used the hot laser. This laser feels like someone is touching you with a hot match stick. It doesn't feel like she is getting the whole face either, but maybe one touch takes care of a centimeter or so of space? Anyway, as of right now, I see absolutely no difference in my face at all. I don't think she even got near my under eye areas. I'll be sure to ask about that at my next session. So far, I'm dissappointed. Has anyone else had Gentle Yag or Yag? What do you think? Did I just waste my money?

Lee ~
on 12/20/11 12:30 am - CA
 I've never heard of this procedure. I'm currently recovering from a facelift that I had with Dr Sauceda on dec 12.

Can you write more about it?

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Crazeru
on 12/20/11 4:46 am
I think that is what makes Dr Sauceda so great.  He won't do procedures on you if he doesn't feel that it will help.  For him it isn't about the money, it's about making you look and feel better about yourself.

When I asked him about my turkey neck, then my puffy under eyes pockets and then my drooping upper lids, he said he could fix those.  Said I didn't have any forehead lines to worry about. 

I've never heard of Gentle Yag...  Have you googled it to see if there are others out there who are disappointed after treatments.  I'm sorry that it doesn't seem to be working.  Does it take time for the skin to heal?

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

johns-wife
on 12/20/11 7:59 am, edited 12/20/11 8:08 am
Gentle YAG is just a regular YAG with a burst of cold air before the snap to reduce patient discomfort. It is suppose to stimulate collagen production and is a somewhat new laser resurfacing technique. When I search, it seems as if it is suppose to be better than other photo and laser techniques, but I don't see it. There was no burning and the pain was over as soon as the procedure was over.
Most Active