Sharp shooting burning pain

aubiefan143
on 1/4/12 7:56 am - herndon , VA
RNY on 01/26/10 with
Ok y'all...so I am 1 week out today from tummy tuck and thigh lift. I have been feeling great so far. I went for my check up yesterday and everything looks great. I had one drain removed 

So this morning I woke up and went to the bathroom and I had this sharp shooting burning pain in my side. I thought it may be my binder rubbing on my incision and it didn't happen the rest of the day (I was mostly hanging out in the recliner all day) Then I finally after a week had to "go" to the bathroom. I was in there for about an hour because there was no way I was gonna push. Just let gravity do its job. While I was in there I started having that pain again. It kept getting worse and worse and more often. Finally I was "done". I got up with no problem or pain and I was I was standing there washing my hands (no different then any other time) I started getting the pain back again. It was so bad I screamed out. My mom and mother in law came running. It was the worst pain ever. I went to lay down and took off the binder and called my Dr office. The pain comes from inside. In the same area where the drain would have been. Not the area where they removed the drain, but the area the drain would have been when it was inside. I am just guessing it is related to the drain being removed, but I needed to call the Dr anyway. When he called me back I described it to him. He didn't seem to concerned about the pain, especially since it came from the area that the drain had been in. He just said they would only be concerned if there were fever, chills or any puss coming from any
areas. He said it is probably just the tissue moving around and healing

Has anyone else experienced this kind of pain a day after drain
removal?

OUCH!!!!

Penny
Highest weight 275 
Surgery weight 241
Goal weight 145
Current
  weight 143 (after TT and Thigh lift)   

Raven300
on 1/4/12 3:42 pm
 I had zinger pains that would be sharp and shooting but over very quickly. I had other dull aching pains, but nothing as long or as severe as what you describe.  

Are you keeping on top of your pain medication?

I know that my doctor cautioned me about the same tell tale signs of infection - fever, red skin coloring around areas or tightness (other than the edema swelling) and drainage that was anything other than serrous fluids.

I'm sorry I can't be more help but it seems with alot of these things it is a matter of being patient, taking your pain meds and jus****ching things while you slowly heal.
     HW-345,SW-300, CW-144lbs.  DS 5/11/10. 
     First round of plastics with Dr. LoMonaco 11/8/11  LBL, BL. 14lbs of skin removed.
     2nd round with Dr. LoMonaco 2/8/12 Brachioplasty, Thigh lift,  Breast Implants.

aubiefan143
on 1/4/12 10:00 pm - herndon , VA
RNY on 01/26/10 with
These pains are over as quickly as they come on too. They are just wierd because I never had it until they took out the drain. It is always in the same general area, and nothing specific brings it on. It can happen at anytime for no reason.

Penny
Highest weight 275 
Surgery weight 241
Goal weight 145
Current

newalpha
on 1/4/12 6:46 pm
Aubie, are you taking a mild stool softener like mirolax twice a day. From the difficulty you've described with BM's, I would want some help. I took mirolax 2-3 times daily starting a day before surfer and a week following and had a smooth easy BM ATLEAST once a day.
aubiefan143
on 1/4/12 9:56 pm - herndon , VA
RNY on 01/26/10 with
I have been taking a stool softner, but it didn't help much. I think I should change over to mirolax because that was not fun at all.

Penny
Highest weight 275 
Surgery weight 241
Goal weight 145
Current

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/12 11:51 pm
I got these sharp burning pains also, doctor told me it was from the muscle repair he did and it's normal and it's part of the healing. 
Most Active