pre 'plastics' questions

Lee ~
on 1/10/12 1:02 pm - CA
 I live alone and am very independent.  Knowing that surgery can have some side effects like getting the blues, I asked a friend to go with me.  I was so happy that I did.  It was great to have someone to look after me.  Go pick up our dinner, go the movies and out to lunch, do the laundry etc.  she did the thinking for me.  I don't get depression or anxiety but wanted to feel secure.

At the clinic, two of my four nurses spoke English.  I speak some Spanish and understand a lot, but still used google translator on my iPad.

Both clinic and hotel have wifi.  I skyped 2x a day with my son in NYC. And used Skype to call my girlfriends back home.  It's easy to stay in touch.

My friend that went with me is hoping to have her turn with Dr. S later this year.  I'll go with her if I can.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

happyjumpy
on 1/10/12 1:03 pm - santa barbara, CA
thanks Lee!
VSG 5/17/10 HW 298 GW 145 CW 143
Kathie 

‎"Shame is the lie someone told you about yourself." Anais Nin  
happyjumpy
on 1/10/12 9:50 am - santa barbara, CA
um. dugh. i just figured out you CAN get online there or you would not be writing me. lol. can you log on in your room?
thank you SO SO SO MUCH!!!!
Kathie 

cme
on 1/10/12 11:18 am - Lyman, ME
VSG on 10/18/07 with
Internet at the clinic was spotty for me, but others had no trouble at all. I was never able to get it on my laptop but my Kindle worked great.

At the hotel it has been great. As for the hotel, there is someone that speaks english at the front desk all the time.

There is a movie theater within walking distance. most of the movies are english w/ spanish sub titles, TV there is also english channels with spanish sub titles. Along with the theater there is the HEB which is like a walmart, everything you need. Restruants, and shopping near by. I did some site seing using the hotel shuttle to drop off and pick up. Most of the time I spent by the pool reading, we have had some great weather this week.

Dr Sauceda comes to check on you everyday, as does his nurse Patty who helps you dress, checks your incisions, washs your compression garments, and over all makes you feel good about life.

Most of the stores there was someone who would speak some english, we managed.

Again I hope this helps. I can not say enough good things about Dr S, Patty, this hotel staff, the whole experience has been wonderful.

VSG 10/18/07 HW 231 GW 150 CW 147
Been maitianing same weight since March 23 , 2008
Plastics w/ Dr Sauceda Jan 02, 2012 Tummy tuck, Breast lift w/ implants.

happyjumpy
on 1/10/12 11:21 am - santa barbara, CA
it helps a LOT. i am really grateful for your sharing with me and letting me ask questions. it will make my experience so much better later, because i will approach it with a sense of knowing what is going on, and will have much less anxiety that way.
thanks thanks thanks!!!
xoxoxo
Kathie 

Lee ~
on 1/10/12 1:07 pm - CA
 Dr. Sauceda has a group here on OH if you want to learn more about the mexico experience. 

Dr. Sauceda will be in Las Vegas on June 2nd for a patient reunion and to do consultations.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active