More surgeries???

proudmomof2
on 1/7/12 11:53 am - Eaton, OH
I had a TT, pani, breast lift with implants, and hernia repair September 12.  I am VERY pleased with the outcome.  HOWEVER (isn't there ALWAYS a "however" or a "but" LOL), I hate my sides.  I have a "dog ear" on my right side which I am seeing my surgeon about on the 25th.  She told me before that this is something she can take care of in the office ~ so no biggie there.  But, I now have this skin on my sides that honestly grosses me out.  When I wear jeans, I have these huge (well it looks huge to ME) flabs on skin on my sides, so it still makes wearing any form fitting shirts impossible.  I am still wearing either the bottoms that are tight and come up to my boobs and this does help keep some of the skin "in".  But I don't want to have to wear these all the time.  I also wear the binding garmets that allow you to wear your own bra - just depends on what I am in the mood for - but really don't want to have to wear either.

I don't want to have to go through any more surgeries, but I feel like with the money I spent on the TT and now I have this, that my money has gone to waste because now I am not satisfied with another area. 

I have sweat pants on in this picture so it isn't as bad as usual but still you can see the hangover on my sides.  If I wanted to correct this, what type of procedure would I want?  I have some excess skin on my back that could be gone as well...and I have a "saggy butt". 

I'm just frustrated.

Thanks for any input.
One-Derland - 12/10/10 
TT, Pani, Breast Lift, Implants, Hernia Repair - 09/12/11 (Dr. Eslami - LOVE her!!)                                       
Michelle E.
on 1/7/12 2:44 pm
Your belly button and tummy look awesome.. would lipo do the trick you think?
muffin27
on 1/7/12 5:40 pm - Canada
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/12 6:30 pm
I have the same issue, feel exactly the same way. I asked my surgeon about it and she would lipo from sides all the way around the back, then do an excision from hip to hip along the back. I think it's called Flankoplasty this with the area above the crotch for me I was quoted 8000 grand for all this and that's with a discount for multiple procedures and being a former patient.

You can the pics in my profile, I was frustrated as hell. I talked about a LBL but oh you don't need that you'll be fine your a guy, men are built differently. No they want seperate surgeries make more money we put their kids through college.

Good luck let us know if you find out anything or get a price quote.

Good luck,
Bubba
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/12 10:38 pm
 I understand your frustration!  I had an LBL in June and when the swelling went down I wasn't happy with the results at all.  I know the thought of a second surgery is daunting right now but it might be the best decision you make.  I could not look in the mirror without crying, thinking of the money that I had just wasted.  I kept the lines of communication open and was very frank with my PS.  I would encourage you to do that.  I'm now almost 2 weeks out from my second surgery - a revision and so far, it's the best decision I could have made.  My PS absorbed all the costs except for the operating room and anesthesia.  But afterwards, when my surgery went twice as long as was expected - he has absorbed those extra costs also.

Right now I'm swollen and now itchy as my incision is trying to heal.  But from what I can see it was well worth the second go around.  I'm not perfect looking but I just wanted the excess skin to be gone.  I hope you get the results you are hoping for!

Gracie150

Renee2007
on 1/9/12 12:36 am, edited 1/9/12 12:50 am - Central, FL
 It was for the reasons that you stated that my surgeon explained to me that I would need the anchor cut tummy tuck with the vertical incision to pull the skin from the sides in. I made it clear to him that I did not want to have the muffin top on the sides and for me it required the vertical incision. I would be afraid at this point that lipo alone would just leave you with more loose skin. I would think the only way to take care of it now would be to continue the incision all the way around to the back. And that still may not cinch your waist.

Edited for typos 

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

proudauntie
on 1/9/12 8:03 am - Honolulu, HI

I had an extended tummy tuck about two years ago.  Several months ago when I went to see the plastic surgery about another procedure and while I was there I asked about having lipo to get rid of the fat on my sides.  He said it wan't fat but excess skin and I'd need to do a posterior lift to get rid of it.  I should have had a LBL instead of the TT but at the time I thought I'd be satisfied with just the TT.  On June 28th I'll be have my posterior lifted..

megange1
on 1/11/12 6:37 am
 I had started wanting a TT and BL/BA but my surgeon told me that I would never be hapy with the TT results if I didn't have a LBL because of just these things. I was really scared of a LBL lift, but I decided to follow his advice. I am now two weeks out and loving it. I thought I had fat around my sides and tummy, but he just took 10lbs of skin and everything is super flat and I have NO muffin top at all or side rolls. My saggy butt was lifted and my thighs look lifted as well. They are still a little saggy on the inner thighs, but I think it looks way better than a thigh lift scar. I think if you are really unhappy, you should do what you need to to be happy. Why go halfway after all your hard work and still be self-concious. Good luck!

Most Active