Nerves staring to kick in!

PBJ
on 1/8/12 6:35 am
 I am having my PS in 3 days......  So excited for my extended abdominalplasty and full back lipo!  But now getting really nervous too.  I know this is normal  .  I am just ready to do it.....and so hoping for good results otherwise I will feel so guilty for spending this much money!!  But keeping positive thoughts!,

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/12 6:47 am
Patty - sending postitive thoughts your way!  I know what you mean about spending the money but I can honestly say I am happy I chose to get rid of my excess skin.

Good luck!
Gracie150
newalpha
on 1/8/12 8:03 am, edited 1/8/12 8:21 am
Patty, your going to be at total peace prior to your surgery. You are preparing mentally now. You will be totally calm the day of. Something to think about, you will have your surgeons undevided attention probably for the first time 2 hrs pre op. I would reaffirm with them your trust in their judgement to augment the procedure for the best out come. Enjoy this, I;m 4 weeks post and it seems like just a minute.This is your special day. Congratulations.;
Steve
waitinggame
on 1/8/12 10:12 am - Bowie, MD
Yay!! I think you sound like you are in a very good place emotionally. Even when I'm in a moment where I am not happy with something from the surgeries, I still think I am worth the money spent. I mean I haven't had this much positive feedback about my appearance in years. Right now it has cost me about $4800.00 per compliment, but I'm sure there are more coming to bring down the average!! LOL!!

Keep us posted and I'll be sending many positive thoughts and good vibes your way!!

Here's to a safe surgery and speedy recovery!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

dasie
on 1/8/12 8:50 pm
I am preparing to schedule a consultation.  Would you mind giving me your password so I can view your PS photos.  Thanks.

Lee ~
on 1/8/12 12:16 pm - CA
 Patty, I'm so very excited for you!  You already picked a fabulous surgeon so now just spend your time visualizing your stunning results.

My mantra right into the OR was

I heal easily and beautifully and everything always works out for me 

Feel free to use any of it!  :)

Youare going to be over the moon happy!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Lisa D.
on 1/8/12 12:31 pm - New Orleans, LA
Hello Patty!  I had my TT and brachioplasty Friday.  I was so excited that the pre op nurses were laughing with me.   Today I feel pretty good.  Just remember to change postions slowly, either up or down.  I had bought a toilet riser but don't need it..  I can't wait to see my results tomorrow at my first pre op appt.  Surgeon took 4.5 lbs off.  What a deal for $13,275!   You will do fine.  I did as others before me did and moved stuff I need to counter height.  I put up a folding table by my bed to hold stuff I use alot ( like this laptop).   Do get some sore throat spray.  I have used it regularly.  And make sure you have shirts that button in the front.  Can't believe how many of my shirts are pull over.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

J G.
on 1/8/12 1:54 pm
Patty, good luck with your surgery.  Let us know how everything goes.  What is "full back lipo?"

Think of your PS as being part of your WLS, that makes the cost cause less guilt.    -Jenny
PBJ
on 1/8/12 9:09 pm
Thank you everyone for the good wishes!  I like the idea of thinking of the PS as part of the WLS..that makes me feel better!  I was lucky that my insurance paid in full for the WLS so having to pay out of pocket for the PS is a bummer but I  think it is totally worth it and my choice...but thinking of it as part of my WLS makes me feel better!
   Full back lipo...is liposuction of my back fat!  I have always hated my back fat...you know when you wear a tshirt and the buldges stick out...that is what I am talking about..so when I was going to have my TT I asked him if he could get rid of that too.  From what I hear the lipo will probually hurt more than the TT...but nothing that good drugs can't get me through!

Getting so excited...only 2 more day!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/12 11:26 pm
 Patty - only two more days!  Spend this time getting everything done that you can - so that after the surgery you can just relax and heal!  Maybe get some books or pick up some magazines for your recovery time.  It will be here before you know it!
Gracie150
Most Active