My time has come...

PBJ
on 1/10/12 9:05 am
Tomorrow is my day....so excited!  I leave at 5am to head to the surgery center.  Thank you to everyone for all of your advice..I have taken it all in and feel much more prepared for my big day thanks to all of the support on this board!

Going to see a friend of mine tonight in the hospital that just had her sleeve today...makes me think of what a journey (and a great one) that this has been.  From the sleeve...to now this...my PS!  My final step!

Hoping for a smooth day and controlled pain...and best of all...a fabulous new tummy!!

Thanks
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
JustLookingToo
on 1/10/12 9:25 am - AL
How exciting! Hopefully, the nerves will stay away until you get an iv with some good calming meds.

The worst part for me when I have surgery is the two hour drive to a hospital or surgical center. Talk about nerves! If I just had to wake up and go a few blocks or mile it would not be so bad.  

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, and can't wait to see you post that you are out of surgery and doing well. Best wishes!

Lynn

missaray
on 1/10/12 9:32 am
 Don't worry if you can't sleep tonite!!!! You'll be getting plenty the next week LOL

Good luck and happy surgery!

5'9  HW:270/SW:267/CW: 168 (Dr.s Goal for me: 162) MY GW:145-155LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Havalina
on 1/10/12 9:36 am
Wishing you the very best! Congrats!
diane S.
on 1/10/12 10:16 am
Good luck PBJ.  Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!     Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Lee ~
on 1/10/12 10:26 am - CA
Good luck Patty!! I'm so excited for you. Let us know how you're doing please!
waitinggame
on 1/10/12 11:01 am - Bowie, MD
So excited for you!! I'll pray that it is smooth and that they drug you up good!

It really is an amazing journey--waiting anxiously to hear how it goes!! 

Take good care of yourself!! 

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Jan H.
on 1/10/12 11:11 am - Central, WY
Good luck Patty!  I'll say a prayer for you that things go smooth and we'll wait to hear from you on the "other side"  :)

Jan

bowknot
on 1/10/12 11:17 am
Best of luck! I'm about a week behind you and I'll be watching your progress closely. I'm very excited for you!

Kay
SuperRN597
on 1/10/12 11:48 am
You will do just fine Patty.  I will see you in the evening as I just found out that I do have to be there for jury duty in Vallejo in the morning.  I am so excited for you!!

When we talked earlier today, I told you that my GYN had sent a referral to the plastics department at Kaiser.  While I was getting my mani/pedi, they called me, and, of course, I couldn't answer and got voicemail when I returned the call.  Now with jury duty tomorrow, I am not sure when I will get to talk to them.  I was really surprised at how quickly they called.  I hope this surgeon is good...lol.  Hopefully, I will be following right behind you soon.

Can't wait to see your final results and I know they will be fabulous!!

Sharon 
Consult date 1/11/10   Weight 398.5     Surgery date 3/1/10  Weight 374
HW 400+     CW 196.6    Dr. GW <200   My GW 150

Most Active