BL/BA veterans

Jan H.
on 1/12/12 10:38 am - Central, WY

I know that folks have said (and my ps) that by tatas will need time to adjust, fall a little, and the scars will change.  But, I just need to hear, did the bottoms (the stick part of the lollipop) look terrible?  Mine are TERRIBLY puckered and crooked.  Also, one of my nipples is nice and round and the other looks like a tear-drop.  Am I doomed?

Jan

JustLookingToo
on 1/12/12 3:57 pm - AL
I have been wondering about this myself since I'm about to have one. Many of the after pics that I see on surgeon's websites look good unless you look under the breast, where often, it looks like they have a hard time transitioning the lollypop that extends down from the areola to the horizontal scar on a full anchor (some people just have a small horizontal scar). I have seen sloppy looking scars A LOT on many surgeon's sites, so it must be really hard to get them right. I'm worried about it because I'm going to be about a B cup after my lift, and that stuff will NOT be hidden in a crease like it would be for someone with larger breasts.

I can tell you that I had a Benelli (around the areola) lift 18 years ago, and the puckering around my nipples all went away after a month or two. Maybe someone else with more recent experience will comment, but don't panic yet. It will be about a year before you get your final result, but after two months, they should start to begin settling down.

JustLookingToo
on 1/12/12 4:03 pm - AL
Ok, here's an example of one that I saw. I was worried because this is a surgeon that I'm considering using. After looking at her books in her office, though, I was much relieved to find that her work looked wonderful. 

Go to this page of tummy tucks, and look at the very last before and after picture. Forget about the tummy, and look up at her vertical and lollypop scar on her breasts. Is this sort of what you are talking about? I can tell from this picture that her surgery was fairly recent (the redness of the scars), so she may have healed differently than this picture shows...

http://www.gulfcoastplasticsurgery.com/photos.php?doctor=2&procedure=1

Raven300
on 1/13/12 12:36 pm
 I tried to figure out when you had your surgery. From one of the older posts it looks like the surgery was on Dec 27. Is that right?  What kind of lift did they perform?

I had the LeJour method performed which involves the lollipop inciscion going around the nipple then the vertical downwards where it meets a short horizontal scar that extends on one side under the fold.

My breasts looked like some kind of weird wontons at 2 weeks out.  Sort of boxy, sort of like little weighted sacks...hard to describe but NOT that attractive.  I didn't even look at them for the first week because I knew they would look bad and I knew I would get upset.  Even when I saw them, I still had to ask the surgeon's nurse "are you sure they will look normal" even though I had knew that it takes time for them to settle down.

This method can take up to 6months to settle and look proper. I am almost 9 weeks out now and they LOOK alot better. I had puckering like you describe around the nipple which has smoothed out. The boxy look is gone. The vertical incision is looking good and a problem area from a couple of weeks ago ahs improved.

We just have to be patient, even though it totally sucks.  I tried to comfort myself when I was worried by reminding myself that I looked at at least 100 photos from my surgeon and not one had a bad lift.  It would be highly unlikely that I would be the first one he would suddenly screw up on or that the BL failed on.

It does get better. Just hang in there!
Maureen K.
on 1/15/12 11:20 am
 Well I do have to say that they do get better but how much each person varies I was worried about the lollipop scar as well but mine has sense almost completely disappeared but my ps says that I am lucky and that is not the norm they do fade a lot on most people and as the nipple mine were a little off at first too one looked bigger and more round than the other I mentioned it to my doc he said give it time and if it didn't get better he would do a revision but happy to say they are way better not perfect but only enough so that in the only one who notices no one else can tell the imperfection so don't fret it does get better but do mention it to your ps so he can do a revision if you still feel you need it later. 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Most Active