I did it!

Amy Smith
on 1/13/12 8:17 pm
1.5 miles....
In other words, I walked at 3.0 mph for 30 minutes last night!   I was sooooo proud of myself and I feel okay this morning.  (It felt weird to leave the gym as I had not even broken a sweat!)

I was thinking that the more I force it the better I will feel!  Since I feel okay this morning I guess it is okay.  Hoping to walk the same and do weights, although I have been limited to 20 pounds I think I will still do all of my normal routine except anything ab related! :-)

FYI- I'm at week 3 and have hit the "wall" of exhaustion so for those of you there HANG IN!
Michelle E.
on 1/14/12 12:31 am
Amy,

That is awesome!! Happy that you're doing so well this morning. Just think next week how much more you will be doing too.

Michelle
Lee ~
on 1/14/12 12:42 am - CA
 Great job!  I've been thinking about the treadmill but the weather is stunning here.

My furthest walk had been 1.5 miles.  I have a lake in front of my house with a 3.25 mile path.  Prior to plastics it took me 60 minutes.  Yesterday on my first attempt it was 67 minutes.  I felt like Rocky!

I'm going to do it again today.

I hope this helps with your fatigue wall.  You're only three weeks out and you're working.  That is a LOT!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/12 10:55 am
Hi Amy!

I was very interested in reading that you walked for 30 min. at 3.0 last night.  I tried that the other day, a little over 3 weeks out from my LBL revision/lipo and didn't have the greatest results.  I ended up only walking 15 minutes and then swelled a lot that evening.  My PS has said no exercise for at least 4 weeks but I thought slow walking would be ok.  I'm glad you had better results!

Monday is my next follow up appt. and we'll see what he has to say then.  I sure miss the gym....the treadmill, weights, etc.  But I know I have to have patience and just like this past summer, I'll eventually get back into the exercise routine!

Gracie150
Amy Smith
on 1/14/12 1:34 pm
Awwww!  I'm sorry things are not better!  I have been told NO INCLINE, ellipitcal or anythin like that, but walking flat was okay.  I walked at 3.3 mph for 45 minutes today and and seem to be okay.  I am wearing compressions socks as well as my garments.  Actually they are anti-emblisim socks all day while at work and they seem to help.  I am also still sleeping on my back in kind of a V.  

Here's hoping for a good report from the dr.  (BTW, I found my thighs hurt while walking, but the LBL seemed ok.
(deactivated member)
on 1/14/12 11:40 pm
 Thanks for your reply.  My PS doesn't use compression garments and I think that was part of the problem!  I, like you, have hit the 3 week "wall".  Ugh!  But I know that it will get better, just have to take one day at a time.  The sleeping thing is also the same, and both of us will probably feel better when we can actually sleep normally!
Take care,
Gracie150
Amy Smith
on 1/15/12 12:08 am
AMEN TO NORMAL SLEEP!  At this point if it is a flat surface and I can prop up on it I have tried to sleep......I woke up this am and my tailbone feels like it is broken!  No idea, it has always hurt since losing weight, but it was much better since LBL, but maybe that was a false thought.

I don't know how you are doing it without garmets.  I would ask if when you return to exercise if you can use compression garment (even if it was just spanx or flexees.)  I have to admit I use compression garmets and then I also use spandex pants that just give a little "extra" compression.  My incision area is not what hurts, but my thighs where all teh lipo was.

Hang in there we will get through this!  I feel like I need to schedule my sleep and naps!  :-)
Michelle E.
on 1/15/12 3:02 am
Amy,

I put a pillow along each side/and partially under of where my hip/thigh areas are. It seems to help with the pressure on the tailbone..Maybe give it a try to see if it helps..

Michelle
Most Active