Jitters

bowknot
on 1/14/12 10:30 am
I'm doing my best to stay calm. I got my cashier's check in the mail today for my down payment. OMG, that's a lot of money. The thought of the scar all around my body and the healing process is daunting.

I gave my boss plenty of notice. He is in denial that I'm actually going to be out of the office. No training or info pass-off. No identified backup while I'm gone. I'm such a planner. It stresses me out!

DH has to go out of town within a couple of days of my surgery. It is a prestigious work thing and I don't want him to miss it. My sons (grown) are great and I have a huge support network of friends. They are planning their nursing rotations. DH is a terrible nurse (he has many other fine qualities), but I'm gonna miss my emotional anchor.

I actually thought about cancelling today, and the positive self talk really helped... (Thanks Lee). That and I didn't want to tell DH I had forfeited the deposit for the OR time.

I know this is right for me. I really appreciate your support and sharing your experience. Pre-op appointment is Monday.

Kay

Lisa D.
on 1/14/12 11:12 am - New Orleans, LA
When I picked up my cashier's check for the full amount, $12.750, it was very sobering.  I had to get a loan to pay for my TT and Brachio and the money had been in my account for about a month.  The next time I checked my balance I gasped.  Looked much better with all of that money in it!  You will do great!  I had it done last Fri, the 6th, so all day Thursday I called it Plastics Eve.  I haven't had to have anything stronger than Tyelnol since Monday.  There is some discomfort and I have to sleep on my back for a while but that is a small price to pay for the great results I am going to have.  My arms look great already and once the swelling in the belly goes down, it is going to look great, too!  I will be going back to work on Tuesday but have done some work online and by phone.  I only had to go in one time this week and only had one dran left so I couldn't really scare my employees to much.  Good luck, good results, and good recovery! 
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

bowknot
on 1/15/12 11:09 pm
It is good to hear your recovery is going so well!  It really does help to know others are doing well with their recovery.

Kay
Raven300
on 1/14/12 4:08 pm
 Kay,

I think we all go thru these phases. For some it is just a passing thought, for others it is a full freak out or anxiety attack.  

It Is alot of money. There is no getting around that.  The liberation from the excess skin is so emotionally and physically gratifying that I don't regret spending a dime of that money.  I had many panic attacks about the money before the surgery though.

And the scar - I worried about that a fair bit before surgery. I used to ask my husband if he would stilllove me if I looked like Frankenstein post op.  You know, the scar doesnt bother me at all. I haven't healed very well and some sections are much thicker than what the surgeon had so carefully crafted. It doesnt bother me one bit. I feel so happy when I look in the mirror and see the scar line instead of all that hanging skin forming rolls and looking like crepe paper.  And you know what? I can put on sharp little panties or bikini bottoms and I don't see the scar at all - I just see the results.

Try your your best to relax and know that in a few months time you will be so pleased with the new you.
     HW-345,SW-300, CW-144lbs.  DS 5/11/10. 
     First round of plastics with Dr. LoMonaco 11/8/11  LBL, BL. 14lbs of skin removed.
     2nd round with Dr. LoMonaco 2/8/12 Brachioplasty, Thigh lift,  Breast Implants.

bowknot
on 1/15/12 11:07 pm
Thanks for the reassuring words.  They really do help!

Kay
Michelle E.
on 1/15/12 2:34 am
Kay,

You are making me laugh this morning. I gave my boss 8 weeks advance notice of my surgery.. Did she plan anything for anyone to work my stuff while I was out?.. no. Monday, I am going back to work. It will be a MESS! I figured I am not responsible to coordinate coverage or management of my work while I am out period! I acknowledge that things will be backed up and may not get done in a timely manner especially since it will take me a few weeks to get caught up. Their lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my end. I refuse to get stressed out about someone else's poor planning... Honestly, we cant be held responsible. I worked really hard before I left to have my surgery. If everything went to hell while I was gone, again not my responsibility.

I know when I get back, my manager will throw a gang of work on me.. I am what they call a Heavy Hitter in my office.. I pull my team out of red most of the time.. I always pitch in for folks who are behind..I expect that I will be loaded up really fast upon my return. I figure its my responsibility to handle this the best way I can.. one friggin day at a time. I am not going to freak out or get stressed out about it.. I will do what I can and not feel guilty one bit. My health comes first.

Glad to hear you have the nurse rotations arranged..I know your surgery will go amazingly well.. Like lee says..positive thoughts imagery goes a long way..

Michelle
bowknot
on 1/15/12 11:10 pm
No one has a perfect boss.  I just have to smile and deal with him.  Good luck at work today! Rest when you need to.

Kay
dasie
on 1/15/12 7:05 pm
It sounds like you have a great support system in place.

What is the  bowel prep generally like pre-op for this?

Wishing you the best. 

bowknot
on 1/15/12 11:06 pm
I'll let you know after my appointment this afternoon.

Kay
bowknot
on 1/16/12 10:30 pm
I had my pre-op with my surgeon yesterday.  There isn't a bowel prep for my surgery.  I have to switch to a liquid diet the day prior.  That is the only change.

Kay
Most Active