I'm home!

PBJ
on 1/14/12 5:18 am
 Hi everyone...

Well I am home with my foley cath..  At first I was not happy onto go home with it but really it has been a real help as getting up is very painful!  I have several friends that are nurses and one of them is coming to help with my first shower tomorrow and sh is goin to take it out.  He wanted it left in until I finished my flexoral today ( he put his patients om 3 days of muscle relaxers and that helps too.i remember a few people asked if having a tt is worse than having a csection..."this is MUCH worse....I also had a lot of lipo and a extended abdominal pasty so maybe that is more pain.  But I have to be honest I have never been in this much pain.  Please tell  me.....when does it get better.  My surgeonsaid the first 4days are the worst so I only have 1 and 1/2 more to go....... I hope so.  My husband has been home helping me and been amazing.  I usually think I have more of a tolerance for pain but this one is tough!
I am hanging in there and wanted to say hi.  I know Sharon has been updating you guys too.  She was so sweet to come visit me in the hospital.
Ox
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
JustLookingToo
on 1/14/12 5:36 am - AL
I'm glad to hear that you are home and that everything went well. Sorry about the pain. I've got to have the same thing done soon, and I've had two C-sections, so I was wondering about the pain difference between the two. I've always heard that lipo is REALLY painful. Hope you have lots of pain meds to get you through the first few days, and it should get better quickly after that. Feel better soon.

mkbeany
on 1/14/12 7:33 am

Oh Babe. I laid there and prayed for the cold hand of death to come for me!
I swear, the first few days, I thought I would die.

Then somewhere around day 5, I was better...way better. I decided to take Tylenol instead of my pain med. I drove myself to my appt on postop day 8.

It really does get better.

Take it easy. Rest. Just sleep. Take your pain meds. Stay hydrated, you will feel like **** if you get dry. I know you know that!!

It's all uphill now!

Welcome to the healing side.

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Amy Smith
on 1/14/12 7:40 am
I have to say for me (only had LBL, but a LOT of thigh Lipo), day 4 -5 was really my turn around point.  Spend lots of time sleeping.  I pretty much set an alarm to take vitamins and pain meds and slept all other times! :-)  Rest and stay ahead of the pain the best you can!
megange1
on 1/14/12 8:22 am
 Ya! I'm so glad you are home. I too had to have the catheter in, but I didn't have a nurse to take it out, so I had it in for 7 days which was awful. My turning point was more like day 6-7 and from there it went up and down in terms of pain. Just stay on top of the pain meds, don't be afraid to lay around as much as possible and take the stool softeners and prune juice because that was honestly the worst pain when I became constipated. What helped me too is I ordered a couple of my favorite TV series from Amazon and watched them. It really helped me to zone out and not go crazy in front of the tv because I would zone out in a movie, but then once it was over I would start focusing on pain agai, but with a tv series you can zone out for much longer :) I'm really glad you posted. I've been checking a bunch to make sure you were ok. What did you think of Dr. B? Let me know if you need anything! It does get better. I'm at week 3 and it is SO much better! Good luck! 

Lee ~
on 1/14/12 9:44 am - CA
 Aww Patty, I'm so sorry you're in pain.  I wish I could help you.  I don't have ant advice to offer.  I had an epidural that blocked my pain post-op.  I bet your doc is right about feeling better soon.  I'm going to visualize you being up and walking around with much less pain tomorrow.  You'll feel so much better with the foley out.  Pee into a can tomorrow if necessary so that you don't have to sit on the toilet once the foley is out.  Take your pain meds and rest rest rest.  

Let me know if you need me to come down and amuse you or do anything for you!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

diane S.
on 1/14/12 1:21 pm
glad you are home safe and sorry you are having pain. just keep thinking about the coming results and take all teh drugs you can get.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Iam_with_the_Band
on 1/14/12 2:10 pm
Patty!  It does get better!  I promise!
I had a foley at the clinic for the night and until I was able to get up and shower without passing out!  I appreciated it!  Sitting on the potty isn't fun after you've had muscle work!  Enjoy that foley!

The first 4 days are the worst!  Just hang in there!  You will be feeling better soon!  Take your pain meds on time, don't wait until the pain is intolerable!  Set your alarm!  It helps to keep on top of the pain!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Michelle E.
on 1/15/12 2:19 am
Patty,

Are you feeling better today? By Day 5 was a turning point for me. I agree my C section was much easier. You'll need to keep yourself comfy for a few more days. Showers for me take a lot of energy. I have a walk in shower and have a hard time standing too long. I only do a shower every other day... I start with regular shower gel Aveeno for babies then use the antiseptic cleanser that comes in a blue bottle, dry off with clean towel, then use my blow dryer on low to dry off completely. Its a process.

Things that make me feel better--- DH gives me a little foot  and hand massage.. watching good movies.. drinking my coffee/tea in the morning/evenings (makes me feel like my regular routine)..keeping on top of my medication..regular naps in the afternoon.

I hope you feel better. I know its tough but like many of us have said before..it does get better!!

Michelle 
dasie
on 1/15/12 7:30 pm
Glad you are home.  I enjoyed reading your post.  This thread has me a little worried - pain wise.  I'm taking a deep breath and trying not to talk myself out of this.  You had surgery 7 months after I had mine.  Good for you for being at this place in your journey.  I've never had a C-section, so I have nothing to  compare this to.

Most Active