Post tummy tuck questions??

PBJ
on 1/19/12 1:02 pm
 Hi everyone....

Would love to have some time frames just to know what to expect...

How long before u are not so tired anymore. 
(I cannot believe how much I can sleep)

How long before your stomach muscles are not so tight

When does the swelling start to go down and I do not feel so tight

Thanks so much

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
newalpha
on 1/19/12 2:42 pm
 Patty, I didn't have any muscle work done. Straight LBL & Mini Medial Thigh ¥. One week to the second week is significant but easy to over do it at day 6-10. When your drains come out its pretty glorious. It seems like the drain removal really woke my body up to start the healing process. At 3 weeks your feeling like it wasn't such a bad idea after all. At 5 weeks I am ready Winter Ball !!!!!
Mrs_Green
on 1/19/12 5:37 pm - Canada

On Dec 13 I had an extended tummy tuck, liposuction and full thigh lift.  4 days following surgery I took a serious complication to the narcotics, which I'm sure set my healing back a bit.
I lost the majority of my swelling in weeks 2 and 3, I had a small lipo hole in the back of my leg that re-opened and the majority of my fluids drained from here.  Both a blessing and a mess, I had to strap maxi pads to the back of my leg for 2 weeks changing them up to 4x daily. 

I returned to work (office mgr) following 3 weeks, but could not work longer than 4 hours each day the first week due to fatique.  Week 4. I extended my hours and most days I worked about 6 hours.  Week 5,  I am working full days, walking upright (yeah) and feel so much better.

Michelle E.
on 1/19/12 10:18 pm

For me, week 3 ..not so tired. only tired cause I havent sleep really well in 2 days...

Muscles not as tight week 3.. I can actually laugh without killing myself..

Swelling.. to be determined.. I have been told 3 more weeks..

When you have the drains out.. you feel a lot better.. shower.. even better..

Good luck!

Michelle

Laura in Texas
on 1/19/12 11:00 pm
It seriously took me 3-4 months until my energy level was good and my muscles did not hurt from the tightening. At 6 months out now, I am back to normal.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

PBJ
on 1/20/12 1:50 am
 Thank u all for giving me answers.... I know that I am only a week out but I am having serious buyers remorse.  I am really not sure what  I expected but every muscle in my tummy hurts and I can not sleep comfortably with my incisions, etc...   I know whine whine....sorry but I am hope I change my mind soon!  I do love what I see but I am so swollen. 

Did u all have  buyers remorse for awhile.?.  I think the thing is....I am a busy working mom of three and this has really cramped my routine,,,,  and I know it has everyone's too....so thanks for listening to me whine,,,

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Laura in Texas
on 1/20/12 1:55 am
It gets better, I promise!! Hang in there!!

I really don't think I had any buyer's remorse because I had an amazing bit of good fortune that let me have my surgery. I was so thankful that I could have it done. That being said, I'll admit I went completely stir-crazy by having to take it easy for so long. But I got through it. You will, too!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/12 3:42 am
loverofcats
on 1/20/12 12:05 pm
Patty, are you on enough pain meds? What are you taking? Have you let your surgeon know that you are uncomfortable?

I had Buyer's Remorse after the VSG. I had complications which made it necessary to spend 2 weeks in the hospital, so you can imagine that I kept asking myself, "What in the h*** did I voluntarily do to myself?" I thought that I was so prepared. Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control.

I can't even imagine what you are going through. It is the muscle tightening and lipo that cause the most pain. You have had major surgery, so try to be gentle and patient with yourself. You will feel better soon. I think it takes a few weeks to start feeling better and for the anesthesia to work its way out of your body. Drink plenty of fluids and keep your protein up.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

PBJ
on 1/20/12 12:25 pm
 Thanks Gail for your response.  Today I am feeling better mentally...literally spent the entire day resting and took some pain meds for the first time in days.  I was taking too many at the beginning and it was not helping so I stopped, but I need moderation of the pain  meds, I do think the lipo is the more painful of the two but then again my tummy is very  sore.  It basically is not easy to get comfortable and sleeping is tough...so I think that adds to the mental outlook.  I am just not used to not  being on the go....but I am trying to take things one day at a time and keep my expectations realistic.  The advice from this board is so helpful...so thank you!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Most Active