I really could use some advice...

blondie0803
on 1/24/12 12:10 pm
Hi everyone. I want to start off by saying I am turning 29 years old next month and am just over 2 years out from my WLS. I have lost all of the excess weight that I think I am going to lose and am left with the devastating loose skin. I am contemplating a breast lift and implants as well as a tummy tuck to start. I have seen 2 plastic surgeons and now need to decide whether to proceed or not. What is holding me up in my decision is that I have not ruled out having kids in the future yet. I am trying to decide whether it will be worth it to me to have the surgeries anyways and potentially get pregnant in the future. If that happens, I know I am at risk for revisions needed to be done. However I don't know if I can wait not knowing for sure if I am going to have children.

See, I was recently divorced in May of 2011. So I am dating now and extremely insecure about my body. I really am stressing over this decision. Has anyone had implants/lift and then gotten pregnant and breastfed? How were your breasts after all of that? What about a tummy tuck? I know it sounds silly to go through that with the possibility of having children in the future, but has anyone done it? How was the pain of the pregnancy on your abdomen and did your tummy go down? I have been doing a lot of research and it seems like the majority of women still have a better looking stomach even after babies than with the loose skin from WLS before the TT. I haven't read much about how women's breasts are after having babies after implants. My surgeon I spoke with said he would do a TT but can't guarentee the skin would tighten up. But if he did it, he would rather do that before doing my breasts just because of the pulling down or whatever of the TT procedure. So I  need to decide if I should go through with surgery and if so, which one first...

Any adice or life experience would be extremely helpful please. I really want to have the reminder of my obesity put in the past and have my body tightened up so I can move on with my thoughts and emotions and put that energy spent worrying and feeling self-concious to better use! However I don't want to make a huge mistake if I am told stories of breasts that were back to being really saggy, etc. after having babies. Or horror stories of the TT and getting pregnant afterwards.

Sorry this is so long but my heart and mind are so heavy with this decision. 
Weight on Day of Surgery: 261lbs
Current Weight: 152
 lbs                
I am 5'3" and 29 years old. 
Tummy Tuck done on 3/6/12 w- Dr. Vincent DiNick
BL/BA done on 6/23/12 w-Dr. Vincent DiNick

PBJ
on 1/24/12 1:10 pm
I really don't know the answers but I wanted to send you a hug!  Congrats on doing such a great job with  your weight loss and wanting to put it all behind you..I totally get that.  I hope others can chime in to help you with your decision and that you find the right decision for you.

good luck
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Laura in Texas
on 1/24/12 7:23 pm
I say go for the plastic surgery. You will feel better about yourself which is so important when dating. I am also single and know how much better I feel about myself now that it's gone.

As far as pregnancy goes, my surgeon Dr. LoMonaco answered the question on this thread. He's awesome and I love him!! 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/4314318/Pre gnancy-after-tummy-tuck/ 

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Pura Vida
on 1/24/12 8:04 pm - Costa Rica
I had a set of TWINS after a tummy tuck, and for the most part it went right back, I know if it would have been a single pregnancy, it would have been absolutely fine, and if no? Then I would have gotten a revision when/if it were necessary. The boobs are also No problem, women do it all the time!
blondie0803
on 1/24/12 10:35 pm
 Thank-you everyone! I really appreciate your thoughts and support! :)
 lbs                

lakoria
on 1/25/12 9:55 am - TX
Go for it! It'll make you feel better about yourself, which will make any relationship better.
I have a friend that had breast implants in her 20's and nursed her babies in her 30's!
blondie0803
on 4/3/12 11:58 pm
I just wanted to let you all know that I had gone through with the tummy tuck and am 4 weeks post op. I am so happy I went through with it! Thanks again!!!!
 lbs                

Most Active