numbness post op??

PBJ
on 1/27/12 12:11 pm

I had my surgery 2 weeks ago...tummy tuck and lipo.

The lower part of my tummy is very numb.  Just wondering, how long did it take for your numbness to go away?

Thanks

Patty

My weight loss journey                                                    
Iam_with_the_Band
on 1/27/12 1:08 pm
Wow!  It takes a very long time!  Parts of my face are still numb.  My Anchor Cut TT and LBL are not numb anymore (May 2011 for both of those surgeries)
But my arms were done Dec 2009 and parts are still numb and felt weird for a long time, I am now used to them, however!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Lisa D.
on 1/27/12 2:57 pm - New Orleans, LA
I'm 3 weeks out and numb below the new belly button.  I was told it could take several months and some areas may never have all sensation back.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Lee ~
on 1/28/12 9:05 am - CA
 Hi patty,

At seven weeks I still have a good bit of numbness.  I notice it most in my saddlebags where I had extensive lipo done.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Michelle E.
on 1/28/12 12:32 pm
My Tummy was very numb about a week ago.. Now it feels better... I started massaging more with Arnica Massage oil and another scar oil that has camphor in it.. This gentle circulatory massage is NOT on the scars directly but the skin areas. I noticed remarkable imrovement.

At 2 weeks I gently massaged feet and hands then arms and legs.. eventually I am massaging areas throughout the day.. Try it.. I think its really helping with overal healing

Michelle
hazmat11
on 1/29/12 12:28 am
My LBL was in July 2010 and I still have numbness where they did some lipo but it doesn't bother me at all. I would much rather have numbness than all that skin. 
Susie

waitinggame
on 1/30/12 11:47 am - Bowie, MD
Four months out--totally numb all the way around my waist about 4" high. Also numb at my outer thighs, which is where they said they did lipo, but where I still have the funky saddlebags, so go figure. The numbness annoys the hell out of me!

Hope yours improves soon!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

MyLady Heidi
on 1/31/12 3:47 am
It didn't, 5+ years later.
Most Active