i am in tears..............

alla B.
on 1/30/12 5:55 am

after my breast reduction Jan 6. My surgeon left me with huge sides, everyone is asking what it that?

this is not what I want to hear from people after all pain I went through.
I still have pain in my breast, cannot even touch them, I have some pus and redness from staples under both breasts and my PS told me that is normal, I do not need to do anything.
I do not think pus is normal after surgery.

I really do not like that doctor, I asked him about sides every time I saw him before surgery, he told me he will fix them, but left me with huge sides.

Oh, I am very, very upset.

Alla

PART 1 VSG  03/28/2006;  PART 2   DS  01/31/20007

maryc543
on 1/30/12 5:59 am
alla,  I am so sorry you are upset.  From what I've been reading, swelling, even off to the sides, is normal for a few weeks after surgery.  Pus is not.  A small amount of drainage, is normal....but, if it's yellowish green pus, it signifies an infection, however minor.  You need to have your doctor SEE the suture lines.  It may just need an antibiotic ointment, or other simple solution, but please follow up with him/her.  Don't let disliking them affect your recovery!
   Again, I am sorry you are so upset.    Mary  C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

alla B.
on 1/30/12 6:05 am

Thank you, Mary.
He saw me on friday, removed stiches and told me that all is ok.

When I came home Friday after work, I saw pus, but he saw it as well and did not tell me how to treat.
I called him today morning and he told me just dry dressing.

My dauther is RN and she told me to put bacitricin and cover it.
Thank you for support.
Alla

PART 1 VSG  03/28/2006;  PART 2   DS  01/31/20007

Lee ~
on 1/30/12 8:15 am - CA
Hi Alla,
I'm sorry you're so unhappy with your reduction.  I wanted to tell you that my reduction/lift was on Deember 9th and it's just this week that I can touch my breasts without a lot of pain.  The incision line under my breasts has been very tender.  Today is really the first day at almost two months post op that I'm comfortable in a size L sport bra.  I wear a 34 bra so I'm not large, but this is what it's taking to feel comfortable.

As far as what's on the side, I don't really understand what you mean.  I still have the "stuff" that comes out the side of the bra by my underarm.  I went to buy a real bra yesterday and still need the full figure type to give good coverage.  I was a 34DD prior to surgery.

Now that pus is an entirely different matter.  Do you have a PCP that you can contact for help with this?  I never had pus but did have an infection behind my ear after my facelift and used a prescription strength antibiotic creme on it.  I had a couple of spots under my breast that I dabbed it on as well.

I hope this all resolves for you.  Please keep in touch to let us know how you're doing.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

MizzEvil
on 2/1/12 4:19 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Lee ~

Hello! I tried to send a private message, but it is showing you as private. I was wondering if you could inbox me, as I have a few questions I would like to ask you, if I may?!

Thanks,
Nicole
godzilla
on 1/30/12 2:13 pm - Israel
Alla,Marcy,and Lee:
The blubber on the sides actually has a medical name!
Tail of the breast!
My PS when I asked about if/when /how it is removed said it depends on the surgeon and on when patient is on the operating table as to how the "tail of the breast" falls as to if surgeon removes it either during a boob job or an arm job.
Now if it is called "tail of the breast" wouldn't you think
It would be removed during any boob job?
Mikimi in Israel
Jan H.
on 1/31/12 11:03 am - Central, WY
Alla, I cant give you any advice on the "sides" but I can tell you that I had BL surgery 2 days before you and I also had an open incision with white stuff coming out since a few days after surgery.  It was also very red and uncomfortable.  I went in for my 4 week checkup today and he did stitch me back up.  It just would not heal up.  however, all along hes been telling me to keep antibacterial ointment on it which i did. 
Jan

Most Active