LBL w/o muscle tightening?

2muchfluff
on 2/6/12 7:37 am
 Just wondering if anyone has had a LBL without the muscle tightening.  I am shocked that my underlying muscle is relatively tight and I can't even poke my stomach out when I try.  My surgeon says that without the tightening the surgery will be very easy and super fast recovery.  Is he telling me the truth?

Jmoore6911
on 2/6/12 10:08 am - York, PA
Hi there... i have had not had my lbl yet but about 4/5 years ago  when i had a consult before i got pregnant with my daughter we talked about just removing skin... he did state that recovery would be easier and faster due to not having the muscle tightening
Jujuvee
on 2/6/12 10:36 pm
I did not have muscle tightening and can seriously tell you that I had no pain at any point during my recovery. I took the pain meds just because, but stoped after 2 weeks. Thought it was a cake procedure and they took off 16.3 pounds of skin.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

Amy Smith
on 2/7/12 2:06 am
I had a LBL with A LOT of contouring to the saddle bags and back/butt area and the recovery was really fairly simple as compared to the abdominoplasty.  I had to get a full LBL after an abdomoplasty as I had a lot of necrosis and the incision healed very badly; therefore, in December the PS went in and redid the entire incision area and took some more skin.  It really was an easier recovery.  I was back to work in a week and a half.

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

Jujuvee
on 2/7/12 6:30 am
Amy good to know. I will be having a LBL and brachioplasty revision in the fall and I wondered what to expect. I am worried  he's also doing my thighs and BL. This recovery is worying me but he says he's not taking  much off in the LBL and arms and I most likely won't even have drains. By doing the revisions the same time I wont be charged any extra fees.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

Most Active