Lingering Lipo pain??

PBJ
on 2/6/12 11:23 am
Has anyone had lipo pain that lingered?

I had a Tummy Tuck and full back lipo almost 4 weeks ago...and my back is still so sore from the lipo.  I had major bruising from the lipo initially.  My tummy feels much better..still the muscle tightness but much better.  It is the lipo areas on my back that still really hurts.  At the end of the day, I am so very sore.  Today I went back to work for the first time and my back is killing me....
To bed with my heating pad and a pain pill for me.

Just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this..and tips?  how long did it take for it to go away?

Thanks
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Michelle E.
on 2/6/12 11:31 am
Hi Patty,

I had some lipo on my left saddle bag.still sore.. I am 6 weeks tomorrow.. I have used massage, arnica, warm compress, tylenol. turmeric tea, its tender more often than the right side.. I think having lipo on the back must hurt more because that is where you rest when you sleep or sit ..

I wish my PS would have lipo'd more from my thighs though..

You'll need to transition back into the work schedule.. I had to get used to sitting for hours at my desk.. sounds like you need to ease in to it..

Michelle
PBJ
on 2/6/12 11:38 am
Thanks Michelle,

I am transitioning back to work....I am only working 1/2 day for the first 3 days.  I think getting a massage is a great idea!  I love the lipo work that he did...but boy is it sore!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Michelle E.
on 2/6/12 11:51 am
Hang in there Patty.. you have come a long way already.. remember day 3 .. you actually may it to work.. that is a success. I have a  massage scheduled on Friday..I cant wait!
mkbeany
on 2/6/12 10:47 pm
Patty- be sure to clear the massage with your surgeon!!

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
PBJ
on 2/6/12 10:51 pm
 I didn't even think of that...thanks!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Lee ~
on 2/7/12 12:43 am - CA
Patty, what kind of pain is it?  I had the most lipo in my saddlebags and they still feel a bit like they are coming out of novacaine.  That almost numb, a little *****ly kind of feeling.  When I rub them they feel tender.  I don't know how long this lasts but I still have it at 8 weeks.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Jennchap
on 2/7/12 1:14 am - CA
 Dude my lipo still hurts if the skin there is smacked or pinched! It blows"
I'm going to see dr.b today at 430! Let's get together! Whatcha doin this weekend?
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

PBJ
on 2/7/12 6:25 am
 Jenn,
So good to hear from you!!!   I would love to see u!!
Dr. B. ....he is the best...and I love my new tummy!!!  Can't wait to she you,

I am going away this weekend to Arizona for a work thing....I am going to go to Dr. C's group next we'd...will u be there????  If not, let's figure something out.

You look great!!!  R u going to have something else done by dr. B?

Hugs to you!
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Amy Smith
on 2/7/12 2:03 am
Patty, I too had a lot of back lipo on Dec. 22nd and I am still sore at times, not nearly as bad as it was 2 weeks ago.  I just returned to running and things and although it hurts some while working out it is feeling much better doing routine things! 

The best thing for me was actually ice and arnica montana pills.  They helped A LOT with the bruising and I kept taking them until my back and saddle bags felt more comfortable.  

At my 5 week follow up I told the PS that my back still hurt and he said, "Yes!  I'm sure I did a lot of contouring!" :-)  I am very happy with my back, but like you say it is still stays sore for a long time.  

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

Most Active