worst thighs ever

Kilaani
on 2/21/12 5:13 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I had that distinction or something like it with all the gals I met at the ASBS conference when I was still losing in 2008. Now, after losing nearly 300lbs, it's .. .just..... sad. I'm stuck in 12s when an 8 might fit in the waist (or 10, conservatively). Jeans with lycra - fogettaboutit.. looks horrible around the knee. I can't find a nice 100% cotton jean anymore and Lee's Riders used to actually work for me, but the stretch jean now, it's poor, at best.

I know, there are a ton of posts out there, but I've been searching for over 2 hours and keep getting sidetracked on useless cut and paste websites of PS surgeons that all look the same and have before and afters of 'normal' weight loss thighs. Nothing extreme.

WHO is an expert for both saddlebags and huge saggy baggy elephant inner thighs AND muffin top knees.

and... who is safe with the issues of lymphodemia- I still have edema in my lower legs even after all this weight loss.

I need to get my thighs done, we have the funds, it's just... I don't want to do it. I am scared.
And now, my goal is to find a surgeon, both great, and as close as possible, but even looking as far as Brazil. I am in Las Vegas, and really, don't know of any massive weight loss reconstruction plastic surgeons in this town. If you want great breasts or a little lipo, sure, but.... not thighs.  I'm looking at June when school is out, so, yeah, time is getting to be urgent.

For those of you needing a reminder, www.picturetrail.com/kilaani - album not for the faint at heart , password ps.

I've had 2 successful surgeries with 2 different surgeons, but the thighs... ugh... it's sad when i feel like 'live with it' is the best advice I get about the skin over my knees. I know safety with the lymph nodes is important, I know that having scars in different directions is very tough to recover from and I am definitely healthy down in my boots scared of post-op problems.

Anyways, thanks for listening to my vent/question. Is there anyone out there that has a surgeon that is really known for excessive skin removal from the thigh success? I mean, not just your favorite surgeon but WELL KNOWN for the thighs with LOTS of skin.

Jill - revision - band to DS 3/10/05 Dr. Baltasar, Spain
440/140/149  hw/cw/gw - 5'5" -300lbs -- bmi 73.2 to 24.8 :) GOAL MET 10/26/10!!.... Even made 140 September 2012. Been ranging 4-6lbs from 144-146 since then. Back to 140 December 2012, hoping to see it again after I feel better and start working out. 

dasie
on 2/21/12 5:31 pm
Your weight loss stats are amazing.  You really are inspirational. 

Plastic surgeon, Dr. John LoMonaco from Houston specializes in plastic surgery for the post bariatric patient.  You might want to contact him. 

allypad64
on 2/21/12 6:07 pm - henderson, NV
 I really can't give advice to you, but I just wanted to say that you look really amazing.  You have come such a long way and you really look great!  I am in awe of you....I am also from Las Vegas and just had my plastics done with Dr. Sauceda.  I know that you have special cir****tances with your lymphadema, and I am not sure if he has experience there - but he is great.  I also have heard really great things about Dr. Lamonaco.  Dr. Sauceda is coming to Vegas in June - so maybe you can see him then and he could give you a consult face to face.

You are definitely inspirational...

Allison

Plastics by Dr. Sauceda in Monterray, MX - 2/6/2012 (yippee!).  Lower Body Lift, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Butt Lift.

PBJ
on 2/21/12 10:02 pm
You look amazing...thanks so much for sharing!  You should be so proud...

I have a great surgeon but he is in Northern California..is that too far?

Good luck to you.

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Iam_with_the_Band
on 2/21/12 11:45 pm
I sent you a PM!  GOOD LUCK!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

2muchfluff
on 2/22/12 4:47 am
 You look amazing!  Hope you can find someone with the expertise you need to finish your journey.  Congrats on what you have done so far!

MyLady Heidi
on 2/22/12 5:19 am
All I have to say is you look absolutely incredible, the two surgeons who did your work did a fabulous job.  I have a friend who started out at 480lbs and got down to about 180 and looked exactly like your before shots, she has been trying to get plastics for a long time but was having a tough go of it because of the issues with her legs.  Most doctors seemed afraid to touch her, she needs to see how incredible you look.  Is there a reason you don't want to go back to the second surgeon who seems to have done such great work?  Does he not specialize in legs?  You really look amazing, congratulations and I hope you find the right doctor to help complete your transformation.
Kilaani
on 2/22/12 1:22 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I no longer have the housing accessible to do the time in Seattle where my second surgeon Dr. Egrari is located. He doesn't do hospitals, rather his surgery center, and patients go home or to a hotel the same day. This scares me with the leg work. I would much rather be in the hospital. Also, I'd say thighs aren't really his specialty, although he did a pretty outstanding job on my bl, I think. He is quite expensive, but you get what you pay for, certainly. I don't think he was as skilled on my arms, but overall everything healed up and I'm quite happy with both surgeon's work.  

My first surgeon is more experienced, overall, I'd say, with massive weight loss reconstruction, he's even written a textbook on it. He's very good and likely who I will end up with, it's just I think he's on the cautious side when I want to hear 'yes, you'll look fabulous' and I know that is completely unreasonable considering my 'before' state. He did do a WONDERFUL job on my belt lipectomy, I can't say enough about the before and after (after the swelling was gone- the first before/after doesn't even give his work justice - I was still so swollen then!)...and he does incredible arm work (I wish I would have had my arms done with him). He was in Iowa, then, and my husband wasn't too interested in spending two weeks there and Seattle was doable in '10 with the housing for free with my mother's empty home.  I don't don't don't want to do 2 surgeries, but that seems inevitable. :( possibly even 3 with the muffin knee issue... ugh ugh ugh.

Thank you, everyone, for the positive support. I am going to try and stop being so anxious about this and just forge ahead the best i can. I will expect the best that can be expected and know that whatever it is, it'll be a lot better than where I am, and hope, hope, and pray that the benefits exceed the costs of pain, recovery, and scars.

440/140/149  hw/cw/gw - 5'5" -300lbs -- bmi 73.2 to 24.8 :) GOAL MET 10/26/10!!.... Even made 140 September 2012. Been ranging 4-6lbs from 144-146 since then. Back to 140 December 2012, hoping to see it again after I feel better and start working out. 

TurtleShell
on 2/23/12 1:13 am - WA
Ooh, you had your arms and breasts done with Dr. Egrari? I plan on getting a consult with him eventually. He's supposed to be very good.
Kilaani
on 2/23/12 9:43 am - Las Vegas, NV
Asolutely excellent on the breast lift. I have seen Dr. Aly's arms technique, though, and thought he probably would have gotten them a bit tighter, but, perhaps that's just being a little too tough on him. Dr, Egrari is a wonderful surgeon. Really, I can't find bad things to say about either of them.

Most Active