Inner thigh lipo pain?

Andi190827
on 2/26/12 5:14 am - Fort Leavenworth, KS
 I had a consultation with a plastic surgeon this past week. My first round of plastics will be a TT and BL. 2d and 3d rounds will be arms w/ back and then inner thighs. He suggested during this first round to do lipo on my inner thighs to prep them for a future possible inner thigh lift. (I say possible because he says lipo might be all I need to fix what I don't like about them).
I've been reading that lipo is pretty painful. And not just a couple days painful but for weeks. I'm prepared for pain, doing the TT and BL together, but not sure I want to deal with the weeks of lipo pain in the inner thigh for my first round of plastics.

How was your lipo pain tolerance/level? Would you or did you do it with a TT or BL or both? How long were you in pain from the lipo? How long did you use pain pills because of the lipo? When did you start walking normal after the inner thigh lipo?

You don't have to have answers to all or any questions. All opinions and/or tips are appreciated.

Thank you!
Andi
Andi Highest 278 lbs, Pre-op 269 lbs, Goal/Current 150/160 lbs
Currently looking into plastics...

Change the voices in your head... Make them like you instead.

PBJ
on 2/26/12 5:50 am
Hi Andi,

I had an extended TT with full back lipo 6 weeks ago and I am still dealing with lipo pain.  Tummy pain totally better..still feel tight at times but the back is still very sore.  So I would say yes the lipo pain is worse in that it lingers..but I had alot of lipo in my back.  But I would still do it again despite the pain!  I love the results.  I would rather have less times to recover, so I would do them together.  I was just surprised because I kept focusing on my TT pain and what it was going to be like..and it was tough but the lipo pain kind of surprised me!  (kind of like when I had kids..I did not expect the boob pain but boy was it real!!..you know what I mean??)

Good luck to you
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Andi190827
on 2/26/12 10:41 am - Fort Leavenworth, KS
 That is what I was dreading to hear. I know logically I should do it, less surgeries that way. I expect pain, it is just the thought of lingering pain.
Oh how I know what you mean post pregnancy boob pain! Maybe it is a good thing I know prior about the lingering lipo pain. Maybe I'll psyc myself up so much, that the actual pain won't be as bad as I imagine? I can dream :)
If you don't mind me asking; are you still on pain meds? If not, how many weeks out did you stop having to use them?

Thanks!
Andi

PBJ
on 2/26/12 1:09 pm
Hi again,

I totally agree with Amy...if there is a chance that doing the lipo means you might not need the lift..I would go for it!

You know some people don't have lingering pain like I did..I had alot so maybe that is why.  Yes I am still on pain meds..but only at night.  I probually could go without but I am just not into hurting.  I want no pain! (perhaps I am a baby!)..but it really is getting better.  The heating pad is my best friend at night..I go to sleep with it everynight.

Good luck again on your decision..I would just go for it!  Like I said before...even with the pain, I love the results and would do it over again in a minute@

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Amy Smith
on 2/26/12 11:58 am
Okay, so I am like 9 weeks out from a LBL with a lot of body contouring (whi*****luded a lot of saddle bag lipo and back lipo).  I can not tell you that the lipo does not hurt as I still have some back pain, when I have been in one position for a little while and then move, but it does go away. (It is uncomfortable but tolerable, just a reminder!)  The saddlebag area does not hurt at all at this point.  I do not remember when that went away, but I would say like week 3 or 4.  I also had some lipo only around one 1 and I don't remember it hurting ever.

Now, for the fact about having the lipo with the other surgeries...One thing in your post stood out to me and that is the thought that if you have the lipo it may take care of all that you want with your inner thighs.  I personally have had an inner thigh lift and a revision of one of the legs during my LBL  If you can do it, I would DEFINATELY do the inner thigh lipo and try to avoid the inner thigh lift.  To be honest it was one of the most comfortable incisions in the groin area for the longest time.  It was the last area to heal always!  If you can do lipo and wear some compression and avoid a thigh lift I would give it a try! 

Best of luck as you make this decision!

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

dasie
on 2/26/12 11:58 pm
For your inner thigh lift...did you have the vertical incision or the pantie line incision?

Amy Smith
on 2/27/12 12:36 am
I had an incision down the inside of my legs that then comes to the panty line.  It joined up wiht the LBL incsion.

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

wls2011
on 2/27/12 2:14 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 I haven't had plastics yet, so I can't offer up much help...but what is interesting to me, is that you are being told lipo on inner thighs might help you avoid an inner thigh lift...from all my reading lipo on that area will result in worse condition of loose skin there....I'd definitely get a second opinion on that...if it works, that would be great, because the wound healing and potential for scars in that area are pretty rough from the thigh lift.

There are lots of stories and Q&A at realself.com, you can even post there your pic and get surgeons to comment on what they think of your inner thigh situation and also you can read people's stories of their pain tolerance of lipo...

Good luck!

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Andi190827
on 2/27/12 3:28 am - Fort Leavenworth, KS
No, i agree the lipo wouldnt avoid/replace an inner thigh lift. And that isn't at all what my surgeon is suggesting. I'm sorry if it came across that way. But after listening to me, he said lipo alone might satisfy me and what I'm hoping to accomplish.nSatisfy my surgeon... not so much, he is pretty sure I'll change my mind. Kind of like some people are fine with just a panni removal while others want the full TT. My satisfactory level will not be the same as everyone else's satisfactory level.

I absolutely get I won't have smooth model looking thighs with lipo only, but at least the lipo will rid me of the glob of fat that is there. It just won't go away with the amount weight lose or exercise I've put in.
For a swimsuit I wear those shorts bottoms and it covers the fatty inner thighs fine, and I'm okay with wearing them after lipo as well. But I want my jeans to not be so tight in the upper inner thigh and lipo could help there. If the right bulk / look in my jeans isn't obtained (for me) from just the lipo then I'll ultimatly be doing the inner thigh lift. 

Lipo is preparatory for my surgeon doing an inner thigh lift, so it is a necessary evil whether I have the thigh lift or not. He does, of course, think the inner thigh lift would look best and thinks once I see how the TT and BL look, I'll want the thighs to match. But he is letting me go by my satisfactory level and not his. KWIM?
Thanks for the realself website, I'll definatly be checking it out.
Andi

Michelle E.
on 2/27/12 9:38 am
Hi Andi,

I am in my 8th week of recovery from BL/BA TT Lateral thigh lift with lipo.. Its a difficult recovery.I would opt to see how you do with the TT & BL 1st.. doing more isnt always better..

Michelle
Most Active