Incision Opened

allypad64
on 3/1/12 6:04 pm - henderson, NV
Well, I wound up on the wrong end of the draw and my incision opened about an inch on my back/hip today.  I sent a pic to my Dr. and he said to keep it clean and dry with neosporin and it will close on its own - it just really scared me when it happened.  My sister-surgery buddies have been great and have calmed me down somewhat.  If you have had this happen to you, can you please chime in with your experiences.  I would love to hear how long yours took to heal and what kind of care you did for it.  I am posting a pic of it - kind of graphic so don't click on the link if you are squeamish..

I know this is a fairly common occurance, but I keep thinking maybe I did something wrong...I really don't know...

Allison

i188.photobucket.com/albums/z196/allypad/Wound.jpg

Plastics by Dr. Sauceda in Monterray, MX - 2/6/2012 (yippee!).  Lower Body Lift, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Butt Lift.

godzilla
on 3/1/12 8:37 pm - Israel
Also known as dehiscence. You did nothing wrong.
As former fatties our fat bodies do weird things in trying to heal.
Been there.
If you want yo know other gruesome terminology thst should not come upon you:
Slough, gangrene, necrosis, seroma.
Cream gauze or if GD Fornid worsen then probably packing or wound care.
My body had a dehiscence slough to gangrene which needed debridement and Wound Vac.
Each case is very individual and I don't mean to sound frightening. You are nit alone but dang it is a bummer and snag to the healing and recovery provcess.
Yoi have done everything right! You noticed-and photographed to your PS and are treating it. And you are on the Board for comfort and advice.
Hang tough-others more knowledgeable than I will chime in.
Mikimi in Israel
2muchfluff
on 3/1/12 10:06 pm
 Sorry to hear this has happened.  I am sure it will all work itself out for you. Sorry, I have no prior experiences to share with you, but I am pulling for you.

wishes
on 3/2/12 2:41 am
VSG on 09/01/11 with
Aw, sorry that happened. I hope it heals soon. I am really grateful to be able to follow your journey.
allypad64
on 3/2/12 2:57 am - henderson, NV
Thanks!

I am going to the doctor in a few hours - I changed the bandage last night and it already looked like it was starting to heal :-)  I will post an update when I get home from the doctor...

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Allison

Plastics by Dr. Sauceda in Monterray, MX - 2/6/2012 (yippee!).  Lower Body Lift, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Butt Lift.

bowknot
on 3/2/12 4:50 am
I think this is a "normal" complication (if there is such a thing).  My PS said it happens alot and they will heal.  It just takes more time.

I'm sorry you are going through this.  It would stress me out considerably.  Keep your chin up!

Kay
sassygurl
on 3/2/12 5:14 am - Wasaga Beach, Canada
I had this happen to me when I had a breast reduction. It took two months for the incisions to close. I had to have treatment with silver acticoat dressings. The dressings have antimicrobial properties and aid in healing. These had to be changed every two days. They eventually did heal and the scars are not too bad. You can tell your wounds are healing if the tissue looks a bit like ground hamburger.

You didn't do anything to cause this. It is frightening to see your incisions opening, but they will heal and I wish you luck with your healing.

Denise
Maureen K.
on 3/2/12 6:52 am
 It happened to me on my lower back about an inch saw my ps I just had to clean it twice a day with soap and water and saline solution I kept it covered with gauze first couple weeks then let it air after that took a long time to heal but all was well biggest thing just keep clean and make sure not get infected I personally would not use neosporin but if that is what the doc said best wishes you are going to do fine 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Lee ~
on 3/2/12 9:39 am - CA
 Allison, all I've got for you is lots of hugs and love.  From your other post, it's not an infection, so it should heal quickly.

These things happen, even when doing everything correctly, as you did!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Lisa D.
on 3/2/12 11:37 am - New Orleans, LA
You have already seen your doc by now, so I am sure you have been taken care of but when I had a place open up I put a butterfly bandage on it and it was closed up completely in two days.  Good Luck!
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Most Active