Gonna Do It - Brachioplasty and Neck Lift

EthelMae
on 3/9/12 1:12 am - MD
Bit the bullet and decided that it's time.  Was considering a breast lift, but at 56 years old, really not concerned about the boobs.  They're not that big anyway and at this point in life, I don't want bigger ones.  It's o.k. that they look at the floor instead of the horizon.

Any words of wisdom?

Next project will be the lower half.  That's going to be a while until I can replenish the savings.

~Barb
Highest - 279 (08/2009)     Program Weight - 256 (03/10)  Surgery Weight - 232 (05/24/11)     

MyLady Heidi
on 3/9/12 2:23 am
I did those two surgeries together as a neck lift revision and arms, the stitches behind my ears were not fun, I can tell ya from my experience the face work is the worst of any pain of any surgery I ever had.  The stitches were just impossible.  I wish I could say I was thrilled with it too but unfortunately my neck still looks icky to me.  I would tell them to pull it tight, knowing its gonna restretch, believe me when I say you are probably only gonna wanna do this once.  The arms were easy for me.  But this was my experience, other have said the neck was no big deal.  Its all dealable just the neck thing was super annoying to me.

Good Luck!
dasie
on 3/9/12 2:53 am
Did you have muscle repair in your neck?  Gosh....my consult was for full face/neck lift, upper/lower lides, endoscopic brow life and   tissue augmentation in my cheecks, temples, mouth with a chemical peel. I don't need muscle repair in my neck, though.  I asked about the pain and was told its "not that bad."  Someone else I know said what you said.  I don't want to be blindsided if I chosse to do my face first.  Either way, the LBL or face...it isall going to be rough, sounds like.

dasie
on 3/9/12 2:47 am
I'm 56 too.  My issue is face or LBL first.  The combine cost for the two is $58K...I'm having trouble wrapping my head around that number.  I worry once I spend for the first, I won't for the second, so I must choose wisely, but I really want them both.

j_j_miller
on 3/9/12 3:41 am
A little over 2 weeks ago I had thigh lift,arms,bl/ba,large tummy tuck and 4 days later a neck lift. I was super lucky and never had any pain with the body work. Not even soar or anything. The neck lift did hurt. Not unbearable, but annoying. It lasted for maybe 12 hours for me. The next couple days in the evenings it would hurt a bit again but I was ble to take pain meds for it. My neck lift was on a Thursday and Saturday was he last day I took any pain meds. My face is still bruised but the swelling has gone down. I did develop a hematoma on my cheek. (pool of blood under my bruise) its quite large but I can probably hide it with my hair. I just have to give it time to go away. So just o you know the head will hurt, but it's temporary, and don't let that discourage you from doing other procedures. I am happy with my nek lift, even with the big bruise on my face. :)
proudauntie
on 3/9/12 9:40 am - Honolulu, HI
I'm 60 and have been having reconstructive surgery for the past three years.  I've had an extended tummy tuck, arm, thigh, breast, neck, face and lower eye lift.  I also had fat graphing (took fat from my hip and put it in my face).  All these surgeries I have never had an external stitch.  I'd never considered a breast lift but breast reconstructive surgery is my surgeon's speciality so I decided why not.  I couldn't be happier.  All the procedures I've had for me the arms were the hardest recovery - mainly because of swelling and for the first three months I would have little twinges of pain (only lasted a second) while the nerves healed.  When I had my neck lift he also tightened the muscles - all the work was done through an incision on the bottom on my chin that was about an inch long.  It took a while before I could turn my head as far to the side as I use to but it wasn't painful.  Good luck
LorriB
on 3/11/12 7:24 am
I'm 55 and had the arm and neck lift done, along with tummy tuck on 2/21.  No big issues other than I'm not accustomed to not being able to do a heck of a lot of things for 4 weeks.  And I'm with you about the boobs!!  Maybe if I was in my 30's or so I'd do it, but since mine point to the floor too, my PS said the lift and implants would would be 2 separate procedures. I don't need to impress anybody!  They make an awful lot pretty padded bras today
Most Active