BL/AL 3/13

minches
on 3/9/12 9:51 pm
I have waited and saved to have this done for so long I can believe it is acutely around the corner!! And I'm starting to freak out..... I can't believe I'm so nervous after waiting so long to get this done.

I do have a question.... I'm having my arm scar extend down my chest wall and through my arm pit. Because the suture line goes though my arm pit my Dr wants me to use ace wraps on my arms and not compression garments. He said the compression garments would aggravate my armpits. So I'm wondering about my breasts... Do I still sear a sports bra? I'm going to ask my Dr on Monday but I was wondering what your experiences are and what worked better for you. thanks!!!

5'6"  HW 310      Updated goal from 165 to 160 !!!
katier825
on 3/10/12 2:13 am
Doctors all have different requirement. I had my BL/BA on 2/23. Mine said wear the surgical bra or sports bra for 2 weeks. I go back & forth between them because I don't stay comfy for long. Even though I've got the lollipop incision, the band is still uncomfortable. Target has some nice Champion sports bras in the workout clothing section that have a very soft, wide band. There is a camisole style that you can actually pull up from the feet rather than over your head. They aren't really firm support, but I can wear them for longer periods of time. The surgical bra is comfy for a short time, but the band is stiffer and has velcro straps at the top of the shoulders that I don't like. They feel bulky under clothes to me.
Most Active