Did anyone watch "The Real Skinny" Last night??

DragonGirl
on 3/13/12 1:06 am - MN
I just had to comment on TLC's new show "The Real Skinny" that aired for the first time last night. I watched with amazement, and to be honest, a little horror while they told the story of 2 people having LBL's after massive weight loss.

I was so impressed and touched by these 2 people! I hope and pray if you're having PS or even had it, you'll try and watch this!

http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/the-real-skinny-videos/

Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Tess145
on 3/13/12 1:40 am - Senatobia, MS
 I watch it and made my husband watch it with me.  I just about had him on my side about having a LBL or extended tummy tuck when they brought out the wound vac.  Now I feel like I might have been set back a couple of steps with him.  My daughter even called and said, Mom, is this what they are going to do to you?  I think you need to think long and hard on this.  Maybe I do.  I just know that I have to have my family on board for this to work for me.  I thought they both did extremely well for the surgery that they underwent.  It is definitely not a walk in the park.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

DragonGirl
on 3/13/12 2:38 am - MN
Hi Tess,
My Husband watched it with me as well...or most of it anyway. I will say that the gentleman who had it done was not a very model patient, but I do appreciate them showing that bad things can happen, too. He himself said he went to Vegas when he should have been home recuuperating, and his children commented he was always up and moving around. I just don't know if he respected the time and energy that needed to be given to healing. The woman named Sarah did fantastic.

My surgeon told me I'd need a minimum of 2 weeks off. I'll be taking at least 4, if not 5 weeks off. If I don't need that much time off, I can always come back early. Talk to your family and get them on board. Best wishes to you in your journey!

Heidi
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Tess145
on 3/13/12 4:54 am - Senatobia, MS
 That is exactly what I told my husband that the guy was mule headed and did not take it easy like he should have.  Which my husband said, so he's like you.  I had to swear on a stack of bibles that I will take it easy and let him wait on me hand and foot.  While we were at the voting booth the PS office called and I have a consult on April 4th.  My husband will be going with me.  I am so excited.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

DragonGirl
on 3/13/12 5:38 am - MN
Congrats on your consult, Tess! Let us know how things go!
j_j_miller
on 3/13/12 3:46 am
 Yes I saw it too. My opinion is tha****ching this before your surgery might be too much. It might make make someone worry too much. But on the other hand I do think you need to be informed about your surgery, recovery and possibility of complications. I am three weeks out myself and the part about the guys wound opening so big at 6 weeks scares e to death. But I guess what can learn from it is : just because I feel good I shouldn't overdue it. Also I need to realize that a open wound needing a wound vac machine is a complication in the minority. I do like that they are showing the good and the bad. 

Jennifer
2muchfluff
on 3/13/12 4:57 am
 MY DAUGHTER CALLED ME AND TOLD ME TO TURN IT ON.  I HAD WATCHED AN EXTENSIVE YOUTUBE VIDEO FEATURING THIS SAME SURGEON AND HE DOES SOME FANTASTIC WORK.  YES, THEY DID SHOW THE BAD WITH THE GOOD, BUT THAT JUST SHOWS THAT SURGERY IS SERIOUS STUFF, NOT TO BE TAKEN LIGHTLY.  IT DOES NOT SCARE ME OFF.  THE ONLY THING THAT BOTHERS ME IS THE AMOUNT OF PAIN PEOPLE SAY THEY HAVE WITH IT.  BUT I HAVE ALREADY DISCOVERED THAT I HAVE A PRETTY HIGH PAIN TOLERANCE.

Jujuvee
on 3/13/12 6:29 am
I watched a you tube video before my lift and honestly I just felt like knowledge is power and not to say that I did not have morning jitters but facing it worked better for me.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

MikeyMike
on 3/13/12 11:05 am - New York, NY
I remember watching the youtube video that you posted. And remember regretted watching it. But I pressed forward and had the surgery.

I'm so happy I did it. I related to Chris in the story. I still felt like a fat person. Now I feel like Sarah...I feel like a new person. I know my body will never be perfect and honestly I don't need it to be. But I did need to have the skin gone.

Like Chris I'm going back in may to have the top half done in may. 

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Most Active