Holy.... Tail?!

Jmbrown081
on 3/18/12 9:50 am
 I still have a significant amount of swelling at four weeks post op, but the worst part is right above my butt, where the tail bone is. No joke, it seriously makes me look like I have a tail! I have tried everything to get the swelling to go down there, but nothing seems to work! It's embarrassing, because it doesn't seem to matter what I wear, the swelling in the one spot is so crazy that it looks like I have a small tail! 
Im hoping that it's just because I have been using that area the most, with sitting off and on during the day, and sleeping on my back at night. Any one else have a problem with backside swelling after a LBL?
Raven300
on 3/18/12 10:09 am
 Did your doctor check you out to see if it is a seroma?  Doesn't really sound like one but it is the only thing that I can think of that causes localized fluid buildup. Sorry I can't be of more help. 

Keep us updated!
Jmbrown081
on 3/20/12 4:27 am
 I think it has turned into a seroma unfortunately. Today its even bigger, and feels like fluid under the skin. It even has the ripple effect going on. I have an appointment for Thursday to have it checked out. I'm worried about it putting pressure on the incision and having it open up. I don't know how likely that is, but I'm a worrier. 
Lee ~
on 3/20/12 4:32 am - CA
I'm so sorry this happened to you!  I developed a seroma at 5 weeks post-op but mine is about an inch above my knee on my thigh lift incision.   I hope the doc can drain it for you and get you all fixed up!  I think the worry about it opening up is when it's right on the incision line.  Yours is probably lower than your incision line.  Mine can't be drained because of it's location.  I have to just wait it out.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Jmbrown081
on 3/20/12 5:01 am
 Mine is actually right above AND directly under the incision :( I have a heart shaped incision on my backside, so the fluid is putting a lot of pressure on the incision. It's not painful, but it is uncomfortable.
Lee ~
on 3/20/12 7:45 am - CA
 Ok, so this is more fragile for you.  I too have a heart shaped tush incision.

I have had my seroma since week five, I'm now over 3 months out.  For me it's just wait and see.  Mine is hard like a golf ball so we at leaving it alone.

Every surgeon deals worth seromas differently.  Let us know what your doc says.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active