How much did you lose when your skin was removed???

Patricia R.
on 3/18/12 9:07 pm - New Oxford, PA
I told the doctor that I wanted to be realistic about getting this skin removed.  Of course I will be ecstatic not to have the flab anymore but I'm wondering how much weight this skin actually weighs.  He told me that most people think it weighs a whole lot but it doesn't.  He told me that the average is around 7 pounds.  This seems like a small number to me.  Maybe he didn't want to say a higher number and give me false hope????  Or it is that I go in thinking it will be only 7 pounds and be really happy when it's 15-20 pounds maybe????  I know everyone is different but what did you have taken off?
godzilla
on 3/18/12 10:39 pm - Israel
My pannilectomy caused about 3K removal.
I went in weighing 82K (was not at goal and still am not-oh well!).
I now weigh 77K with clothes and sneakers on.
Usually the PS predicts quite accurately what will happen.
Mikimi in Israel
Laura in Texas
on 3/19/12 12:59 am
From my lower body lift, my surgeon removed about 2 square feet of skin weighing about 5 pounds. It was like an 8 inch wide strip removed all around my body. Skin does not weigh much.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

sublimate
on 3/19/12 4:46 am - San Jose, CA
I'm sure everyone is different, and I may be atypical. But my PS said he removed just over 20 pounds of skin and tissue. To me the difference is very dramatic. I had my breasts done as well but the implants only put me back at the same size to make up for what the lift took away, so not as dramatic.

My nose job really looks so natural and subtle that not many people notice a difference. But my LBL has made a very dramatic difference. I will share pictures soon. But wow.. it's huge.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Patricia R.
on 3/19/12 5:54 am - New Oxford, PA
I would love to see pictures!!!!!  I'm to have surgery on May 30 and although it's something I've been looking forward to for a long time, I am nervous and worried that I won't like my results.  I've seen a lot of pictures of before and afters and it all looks great but for some reason I just have this fear that it won't be what I'm expecting.  Guess my fears won't really be at rest until it's all done and over with.
southernbelle102
on 3/19/12 6:38 am
My PS took off 6 lbs of skin with my LBL. I had no fat left to take off, only skin. I think if you still have some fat in that area that they cut off or lipo out, the number would be higher. Also, if you have a massive amount of skin to be taken off, the number would be higher. Skin by itself unfortunately doesn't weigh that much. I am thrilled with my LBL results. My tummy is flat and completely tight. It is great to have the skin gone!! Good luck to you!
Jmbrown081
on 3/19/12 7:15 am
 I had 12lbs removed, but I have heard that 5-8 is the average. Skin and tissue generally don't weigh that much, and it really depends on so many things.
Michele816
on 3/19/12 7:15 am
 I was 15 pounds lighter after my panniculectomy.

sublimate
on 3/19/12 7:25 am, edited 3/19/12 7:27 am - San Jose, CA

Yes, since I still am not at goal, I'm sure that had to do with why my amount was much higher. My PS felt I didn't need to lose anymore and that he could give me a flat stomach.  He did that plus took quite a bit off my hips and my rear.  I wasn't expecting that part.. I thought I would still have a big butt.. I wasn't sure how I felt about that at first because I used to get compliments on my rear, but I suppose it looks better to most people and I'm getting used to it.

I don't expect to look like a super model and my stomach really really bothered me. Plus for various reasons I had to have the surgery sooner rather than later, due to logistical cir****tances.  I was so used to being so large that I honestly feel pretty comfortable with how I look now, even though I still need to lose weight.  I don't really have the expectation that I will lose a whole lot more, although I'm going to give it a try.

So although some might feel that I should have waited longer and lost more weight, I am happy that I did this now. I'm really not up to dressing for photos yet as I have difficulty putting on clothes so I'm going to wait a bit before posting pictures.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

PBJ
on 3/19/12 12:06 pm
Sublimate and I have the same plastic surgeon and I can tell you that she looks great...a  hugh difference (you go girl!!)
He took 9.5 lbs off of me (skin and lipo)..and I am thrilled with the results too!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Most Active