Seeping

proudmomof2
on 3/23/12 12:54 pm - Eaton, OH
On March 8th, I had a minor surgery to remove the excess skin on my sides which in turn turned out to be kind of a LBL.  She ended up going completely around and lifting my butt, so I have an incision from one side all the way around to the other side.  Since I have been home, I have had some slight seeping in just one spot.  Some days it is more than others.  I had my husband look at it to see if there is an opening there and he said its not.  I don't see any either but its on my back side so I wanted to make sure.  Its kind of a pinkish yellowish color.  No odor.  No redness.  And it doesn't hurt.  I go Wednesday to get my stitches removed but am just concerned that the one particular spot is seeping.

Should I be concerned?

Thanks for any advice.
One-Derland - 12/10/10 
TT, Pani, Breast Lift, Implants, Hernia Repair - 09/12/11 (Dr. Eslami - LOVE her!!)                                       
Raven300
on 3/25/12 7:47 am
 Sounds like serrous fluid which is a benign.  You must have a pinpoint hole somewhere that is allowing the fluid to escape your skin.  If it is making a mess or annoying, just wipe the area with hydrogen peroxide and cover with clean gauze held in place with tape.  It is better that it is self draining than if it were to stay inside and form a seroma.

HW-345,SW-300, CW-144lbs.  DS 5/11/10. 
     First round of plastics with Dr. LoMonaco 11/8/11  LBL, BL. 14lbs of skin removed.
     2nd round with Dr. LoMonaco 2/8/12 Brachioplasty, Thigh lift,  Breast Implants.

Psyche
on 3/26/12 11:33 am, edited 3/26/12 11:33 am
I had seepage for a few weeks. I cleaned it and kept it covered with non-stick bandages and it finally fully cleared up at 10 weeks. I also spit stitches and each time that would happen  I would have some seepage.
SW 280 / GW 150 / CW 128.8

Reconstructive surgery, under construction!

Lower Body Lift - 12/14/2011 - Atlanta VA Medical Center
Brachioplasty & Mastopexy w/Augmentation - 03/14/2012 - Dr Marisa Lawrence

Most Active