Plastic Surgery Journey Halted (partial x-post)

DragonGirl
on 3/30/12 1:15 am - MN
Hi Gang!
I just thought I'd say Hi and check in. Life has been throwing me a few curve balls lately, but for the most part, I'm still not fluctuating from 161 and staying the course. I was very close to getting insurance approval for plastic surgery when my Husband lost his job a few weeks ago. Since we were on his insurance policy, this has brought the plastics journey to a screeching halt. I'm going through some stressors with my job as well, so at this point paying bills and staying ahead of the game is priority one at the moment. I was pretty bummed at first, but I'll keep pushing forward and when things settle down, I'll start the journey again.

I'm including a before and after comparison picture. It still shocks me to see where I was. The before picture was taken the night before surgery after I had already lost 30 pounds. The after picture was taken a few weeks ago. I'm still having major rashes under my tummy, my belly button has a new infection at least once a week. When I sit, the extra skin just colapses.

I Love my Sleeve...for me, it was the right choice and I thank God every day I got the chance to have it! I know somehow, some day, I'll be able get plastics. In the meantime, I'll just lurk here and root for all of you and your healthy successes!

Heidi

Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
godzilla
on 3/30/12 1:53 am - Israel
I certainly hope you can eventually get your Plastics but your "after" photo makes you look like you have workout abs!
Amazing you are so positive and decided that you will this community and be here for others even if you cannot get what you want and need for yourself at this moment.
Kudos to you for your support!
Mikimi in Israel
Valsdetermined2lose
on 3/30/12 3:05 am
still looking good!
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

PBJ
on 3/30/12 3:45 am
Heidi,

You look fabulous and you have a great attitude!  I am so sorry for the things you are going through..life does throw us curve balls sometimes and we are usually stronger for having survived them!
Someday your day will come but until them, enjoy your success!  You have done great and look it!...hope you feel it too.

hugs
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
happytrails12
on 3/30/12 4:30 am - Aldie, VA
Heidi,

You look awesome! Your abs look great too. I know that right now you are going through a tough time, but it will be okay. I have been in your position before and I honestly knew that it would get better, but the question was when??? Hang in there, and have faith. Congratulations on your weight loss. You are a great example for all of us. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Lisa
Kim S.
on 3/30/12 4:32 am - Helena, AL
You look amazing and have such a great attitude!  Your day will come and we'll be here rooting for you!

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/12 8:29 am
You look amazing! I am almost 4 months post VSG and you inspire me that I CAN do this. (I'm currently in a 4 week stall!)

Best of luck and keep us posted on how things are going. I hope your husband finds another job soon too.
sublimate
on 3/31/12 5:11 am - San Jose, CA
You look great! Even though I'm sure your belly bothers you and I can relate, from where I'm sitting you look like you don't need plastics. But then with your rashes cause problems I guess it's more important then esthetics.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

dasie
on 3/31/12 4:40 pm
You look phenomenal....you also look like you've spent a lot of time in the gym and don't need plastic surgery, but I know under our clothes we look different.  I'm sorry to hear about your husbands job issue and hope he finds something even better.

Most Active