Drainage Tubes and TT- What is the longest time kept in?

blondie0803
on 4/4/12 12:38 am
Hi Everyone. I am 4 weeks post-op from having my TT and feel great! The only issue I have is that I still have 1 out of 3 drainage tubes still left in. My surgeon said to take it easier to stop the fluid production because I am being too active as I feel so great. I am really trying to scale it back and not leave the house when possible.

My question is, what is the longest time you have had your drainage tubes in? Four weeks seems so long compared to what I have been researching....I am not worrying too much yet but AM curious...... :) Thanks!
Weight on Day of Surgery: 261lbs
Current Weight: 152
 lbs                
I am 5'3" and 29 years old. 
Tummy Tuck done on 3/6/12 w- Dr. Vincent DiNick
BL/BA done on 6/23/12 w-Dr. Vincent DiNick

Michele816
on 4/4/12 1:58 am
 I had 5 drains in for 3 weeks.  I still clearly had fluid when they were removed and within days my weight went up 7-8 pounds.  It too****il week 8 for me to lose the fluid weight.  I would think as long as they don't hurt, are not infected and still draining it is okay to still have them.  Maybe you will be less likely to have the fluid weight gain that I did when they finally come out.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 4/4/12 2:43 am
 My thigh lift - right leg was in for 5 and a half weeks. The more walking I did, the more it drained. It finally came out and 3 days later I got a seroma. But that caused no problems and reabsorped on it's own.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Lee ~
on 4/4/12 5:13 am - CA
I had eleven total drains.  I came home from Mexico at two weeks post-op and had one thigh drain and one ab drain remaining.  I removed them both a couple days after getting home.  They were easy to pull out.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

BonBon1
on 4/4/12 7:00 am - Somewhere, GA
After my TT, I had one drain for 4 weeks and one for 6 weeks.  I thought that last one never would come out!   Now I will have an arm lift and TT revisions on April 16th, so drains again.  Ack, ack, ack!
  Hope yours come out soon.
blondie0803
on 4/6/12 12:45 am
Thanks everyone! I am scheduled to get my last drain out tomorrow since I have kept my drainage levels below 20ML the past couple of days. Fingers crossed! Now about this horrible rash I have developed....I will be posting questions about that. Ugh.
Most Active