Hello

sheilapinkney
on 4/12/12 2:59 am - Calgary, Canada
This is my first post on this forum.  I am 8 months post VSG surgery and I love lost an overall total of 142 pounds.  This is from my highest weight of 302lbs. 

I am excited because I have my PS consult on July 23, 2012.  I think once I get rid of the panni from around my waist I will either be at my goal weight of 145 pounds or extremely close to it. 

I think I look okay, but this extra flap of skin just gets in the way, causes skin rashes and makes me very self-conscience. 

I will check back every now and then.

Nice to meet you all.

Sheila

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

Laura in Texas
on 4/12/12 3:09 am
Welcome!! And congrats on your consult. Keep us posted.

BTW, skin does not weigh much, so you may not get as close to your goal as you hope to get. I had 2 square feet of skin removed and it only weighed 5 pounds.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

kathkeb
on 4/12/12 3:39 am
Welcome aboard!

I had my tummy tuck 6 weeks ago. The surgeon removed 3.6 pounds of skin.

I have lost about 8 pounds since the day before surgery.
I find that my tightened tummy does not want as much food as it did before.

I suggest you get a few opinions if you can. I interviewed 3 surgeons before deciding on one, but I was self pay. I don't know if you are directed to a surgeon under your plan.

Best of luck!!!
Kath

sheilapinkney
on 4/12/12 3:54 am - Calgary, Canada
I agree with the different opinions however, here in Canada, we pretty much has to go to whomever we can.  However, if I am not happy with this doctor I will keep trying.  I am also toying with the idea of Dr. Saucedio in Mexico. 

Thanks for the real world advice regarding the weight of the extra skin.  Don't want to get my hopes up and have them dashed post surgery. 

Sheila

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

sublimate
on 4/12/12 4:51 am - San Jose, CA
My doc removed 20 pounds of skin/flab, but I was still pretty fat. I'm very happy with my results. So far I've gone down at least 2 inches just since surgery with the swelling. That was just from week 3 to 5 I think because I forgot to measure. I've gone from a size 16 to more like a 14 or a large or extra large depending on the clothes.

I need to lose more weight on my thighs so I'm still working on losing weight and think the weight will come off there since the belly and butt are gone! My plastics really gave me a kick start and I've lost 17 pounds on the scale of the 20 he took off, even being 5 weeks out and still swollen. So it's great to know that you don't have to be at goal to do plastics. Pix on my profile if you are interested. Good luck!

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Most Active