Was told to post this here ~ Want your opinion

tdjf_3
on 4/12/12 11:51 am
Hello Friends Here's a lil background. June 7th will be 2 years post VSG I have been at goal weight 150lbs since July 24 '11. I am looking into plastic surgery and I guess want some input from others. My ins is going to pay for part of my tummy tuck but I will be out some because I want a belly button (kinda crazy but true). I am also thinking that I'd like to have either my arms or boobs done. My arms bother me I have bat wings not horrible but bad enough that it bothers me. I have wondered if with some more intense work if I could fix the arms myself. As for the boob I went from a DD to a B I feel soooo flat chested, they were the last things to go I thought I was going to be a D and I was cool with that then BAM they were gone, bye Bye, See Ya, Outta here =) I would like to have them back but am unsure what size to go with if I do it.Like I said this is just a sounding board Comments are Always Welcome =) Oh & BTW my Hubby is such a Boob man (yeah I know TMI)

God Bless & Happy Losing!!!!                 
kathkeb
on 4/12/12 1:02 pm
Hi and welcome.

It sounds like your insurance is going to pay for the panniculectomy and you are paying to upgrade to a full tummy tuck.

I had a tummy tuck 6 weeks ago and am thrilled with the results!!

I had my arms and a breast lift done about 18 months ago. I did not get implants, just a breast lift. I went from a 42C pre Band surgery to a 34B or small C now.

God luck deciding what to,have done. Some people do a lot in 1 surgery and save some money, I did mine in 2 stages (I am 53 yrs old)
Kath

katier825
on 4/13/12 7:57 am
I started out as a D, and ended up between and A and B after losing weight. I had very little breast tissue left, just hanging skin really, so I opted for implants. I am so much happier now! I've still got another month or so to see how they will really look, but am currently a D - a tad overflowing in my current bras, so maybe I'll be a DD when done. I brought pics of how I wanted them to look and let the doctor select the size. He ended up with 325 high profile. In most of my clothes, there isn't much difference since I was padding my padded bras. In a bathing suit, holy crap they look huge to me! I also had a lift because for me, there was no sense in doing the BA without a lift.

I've always had a tummy and arms that I didn't like to show off, but it was the first time I didn't have breasts, they bothered me the most. So I had them fixed first. Next will be LBL. I don't care so much about the arms, they will be the last thing I do. They came back the best with exercise. I go back to the doctor Tues. Hoping he clears me for exercise other than walking. My belly and arms are mush again after several weeks of not working out.
sublimate
on 4/13/12 8:34 am - San Jose, CA
I'd go for the boobs for sure. I feel so good about my boobs I feel like flashing people to show them off!! I didn't get my arms done but will later.. in the mean time I can cover with shrugs but my perky big boobs make me feel so sexy and confident!

I'm a DD like I was before surgery, but nice and lifted and with a wonderful shape. Before they were so long I measured at a C cup! But I stuffed all the sides and rolled all the flesh into DD. No more!

Hoping for a DDD after implants settle since I tried to pick an implant based on wanting that size, but we will see. Also boobs that size fit my frame since I have a very large frame and do not look unnatural or fake on me.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Maureen K.
on 4/13/12 9:19 am
 Sounds like me ... I had a tummy tuck lower body lift boob lift and implants I want my arms done too but at the time surgeon said too many surgeries so I had to chose boobs or arms went with the boobs so glad I did my arms still bother me maybe someday I'll fix them but for now I'm pretty fricken happy with the results  so I say go for the boobs 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

samiamiam
on 4/14/12 3:17 am
Hi there. My priorities are: Tummy tuck, facial work like injectables and the co2 laser treatment on my skin, breast lift and reduction, arms and then a lower body lift. The first 3 on the list are my priorities. If the others don't happen that is ok. I think each person has a personal list of their own.

As far as your arms, I would have to see them to know but there are options that work depending on the make up of your arms and skin. Sometimes just lipo of the arms helps. Other times you need to get the full on surgery. My arms have the bat wings a little, but they are full of stretch marks and the skin seems thin from years of stretching. This type of issue will only be repaired to my liking by getting the arm surgery.

Take care.

Teresa
j_j_miller
on 4/14/12 4:35 am
 I would probably fix what needs the most improvement. Can you wear short sleeves now? My arms weren't that bad either. I looked okay wearing short sleeves, but I was uncomfortable wearing sleeveless. I could live with that. I don't need to wear tank tops but I I wouldn't want to have to wear long sleeves in the summer. But it sounds like maybe your boobs need more improvement. I think if that's the case it would really compliment your tummy tuck giving you a flattering figure. It's hard to suggest a procedure for you since we can't see you. I am sure whatever you pick you will love. And you never know maybe in a couple years you can do the other procedure. Keep us posted what you decide. 

Jennifer. 
Most Active