Surprise - Pregnancy look

Amy Smith
on 4/16/12 1:08 am
I had a LBL the end of December and have been doing well.  I would tell you that there is one lspot about the size of my hand that swells on a routine basis.

TODAY, I must be 2 months pregnant today (I have a biggerer belly than most!)  This is the first day that I have worn a dress with no nylons or anything.  It has only been 4 hours and I am really tight all the way around the stomach area and my back. 

I have not worn a compression garment since February, but I guess my pants, pantyhose, etc have still given some compression or lets say enough compression.  I am very suprised to feel so FULL.

Just wanted to share for those of you who are living in swelling land.  (I didn't think I was, but apparently....which would explain why my pants fit different in the morning than the afternoon!)

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

Crazeru
on 4/16/12 11:21 am
I can relate!  I'm 15mo out and still wear my compression garment at night.  At least I look good in the morning and part of the afternoon.  By evening, I'm expanding out and by bedtime, you'd think my baby bump was almost due.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

samiamiam
on 4/17/12 2:01 pm
what does the doctor say about this amount of swelling so long after your procedure??
JustLookingToo
on 4/16/12 4:29 pm - AL
Ugggg....you guys are scaring me. I've swollen SO much after my last two surgeries, that I'm hoping and praying I don't swell too badly for my tummy tuck in June. I think I stayed swollen at least six months after my lap RNY revision. I can't even imagine what's going to happen after my TT after reading your two posts.

Amy Smith
on 4/16/12 10:11 pm
The funny thing is that I have one spot that usually swells from the mons lift, but everything else is okay, but yesterday was the first really hot day here so I wore a dress.  (No shorts underneath, no spandex, no compressions garment, etc.) I have not noticed or felt the swelling that I felt yesterday.  I slept in tight compression last night (the couple of hours I slept) and I seem much better this morning.

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

Crazeru
on 4/17/12 2:14 pm
It's my body.  I've always had problems with edema and have taken a prescription diurectic for 25 yrs.  If I don't take it, I swell and have tree trunks for ankles and legs. 5-10lbs in 3 days.  It's easier to just wear my garment at night.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Valsdetermined2lose
on 4/17/12 11:49 pm
Sorry to hear about he swelling i can relate also, you might want your surgeon to check for a seroma (fluid build up) It happened to me right after my TT and i ended up having another surgery to correct the problem. Good Luck!
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Most Active