HERNIA months after Pannilectomy

godzilla
on 4/19/12 8:33 pm - Israel
I have been having pain in my LLQ since February (pannilectomy was August 2011). Saw surgeon (not PS) who diagnosed left inguinal hernia but to do colonoscopy to rule out anything in that area. Colonoscopy Thank GD was clear. I did US which showed a small hernia. Still have pain in LLQ right above my bikini scar. I had Total Hysterectomy in May 2005. I wonder if I might not have another hernia too.
I am returning on Monday to surgeon to discuss my options on if to repair hernia and when and where as to which hospital (my town is at times like Hicksville in competency) due to my concerns on all surgeries and existing scars. I of course would like to do a hernia repair at same time as my Plastics but that might not be a viable option as it is still under Appeal pending an answer-no time yet to be nervous about my future Plastics (May 15****il I get an affirmative answer.
I guess I need input advice on hernia repair. I live alone so decision falls only on me. And I have friends who claim I love to have surgery and that I enjoy being in hospital.
Mikimi in Israel

Amy W.
on 4/21/12 11:35 pm - Buckeye, AZ

Are you saying you had to file an appeal with your insurance to cover a hernia repair?

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

godzilla
on 4/21/12 11:50 pm - Israel
Thank you so much for responding!
No I am Appealing my HMO decision against my Breast Lift and Scar Revision but I also have inguinal hernia that was diagnosed in March. If I get approved for the Plastics I assume the hernia repair csn be at the same time or else I need to schedule a date for the hernia repair surgery.
For some reason I am more concerned on the hernia repair than the actual Plastics as an inguinal hernia repair is most likely on or very near invasion of bikini line of the pannilectomy surgery.
Mikimi in Israel
siberiancat
on 4/22/12 6:04 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I don't know how they do things where you are - but I would caution against "open" surgery if you can.  If you absolutely need surgical repair - can they do it laproscopic?

I had a bowel obstruction and was hospitalized a couple weeks ago and it was very painful and uncomfortable.  Adhesions from previous "open" surgerys does make one more vulnerable to bowel obstructions.

Just my 2 cents.  Best wishes.  Penny
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

godzilla
on 4/22/12 6:14 am - Israel
Penny- lap are dine here in Israel but all my ops have been open although some ops were done before laPs were performed.
My hysterectomy was begun as a lap (and opened on C-scar) due to major adhesions.
I hope to know more by tomorrow afternoon after seeing surgeon and I plan on calling Appeals office to find out abiut approval or not for my Plastics.
Mikimi
Most Active