TT/Panni Consult - Check

mrschriscross
on 4/19/12 11:39 pm - Oswego, NY
 Well I went for my first visit to a plastic surgeon yesterday. Which was my 18 month post op anniversary. I acutally forgot about it lol. I guess I was too nervous about my appt. It went very well. I looked at before and after photos, did the dreaded photos which were bad but I didn't care really. He told me if I have any further rashes or issues to get them documented and sent up to his office so he can send them to the insurance to help with their decison. He is submitting for approval for a panni but will be a tt if I understood him right. I just pay the difference which is $6000 not sure where I will come up with that. So now I just have to wait 3-4 weeks for an answer from the insurance company. 
Feel Free to Add Me on FACEBOOK just search for my name Angela Cross or [email protected]  Also if you could put you are from OH in the request it would help. Thanks :)

HW / SW / CW / GW
320 / 305 / 213 / 185   Updated 3-27-11

TheSleevedLife
on 4/20/12 3:49 am
Good luck!  How exciting!

Are you getting anything else done right now, or just the TT?  (I shouldn't say "just" the TT - that's a really big deal in itself!  You know what I mean!)

currently investigating plastic surgery to remove bat-wings and...well, bat-stomach

mrschriscross
on 4/20/12 5:34 am - Oswego, NY
 Right now, Just the TT, I think in the future I would like to get my boobs done and my arms. 
Feel Free to Add Me on FACEBOOK just search for my name Angela Cross or [email protected]  Also if you could put you are from OH in the request it would help. Thanks :)

HW / SW / CW / GW

j_j_miller
on 4/20/12 3:49 am
 Congrats!!!! You are going to love your tummy. I didn't go thru insurance or have my surgery locally, but I think your quote seems high. Just from reading past posts I am thinking some get there tummy tucks for 6000 without insurance paying a portion. I may be wrong but I think that upgrading to a tummy tuck with insurance is averaging 2500, give or take. I am sure others with experience will give there experience. 

Jennifer
mrschriscross
on 4/20/12 5:36 am - Oswego, NY
 The PS told me that if insurance does approve that they normally will only pay between 800-2000. And most of the time it's the 800. I have Excellus BCBS/ Medicaid. I have read that a lot of people get denied from them but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

HW / SW / CW / GW

BonBon1
on 4/20/12 5:38 am - Somewhere, GA
Yeah, that price quote seems a little high to me too, but maybe it's different in whatever area you are in.  Insurance ended up paying for my TT but I was quoted $5500 and $6000 for the entire TT by two separate doctors.  Maybe another consult before you decide?
  Good luck and hope it turns out great for you!
mrschriscross
on 4/20/12 5:49 am - Oswego, NY
 I live in Upstate NY not sure if that's why prices are higher. Everything is higher here. 

HW / SW / CW / GW

PBJ
on 4/20/12 8:17 am
I think your price is very reasonable.  I live in California...also the place with high prices!  I paid 13,100 for an extended tummy tuck and full back lipo...worth every penny!

good luck to you

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
KeepOn
on 4/29/12 12:45 am
Prices can vary based on the actual detail of the procedure, whether on not the surgeon works out of his own surgical unit or a hospital. (if out of a hospital there is the added overhead costs affiliated with the hospital surgical rooms that is extreme compared to a private surgical unit)

Those are just a few things to consider.

Best of Luck.
Most Active