panniculectomy and extended arm lift

alicia601
on 4/23/12 9:10 am - NY
Hello Everyone !

So my day is almost here. I am scheduled for a tummy tuck ( pann ) and ext arm lift ( taking back skin near the bra area ) in about a week. I was wondering if anyone that  had either both or 1 of these procedures could offer any advice on how to make this post op easier or more pleasant by chance ? Can you please share your experiences that you think might help me with my recovery ? I'm nervous as usual and kinda would appreciate some opinions from others and even things to watch out for as far as post complications. Thanks everyone

samiamiam
on 4/23/12 10:16 am
Hi there. When is your surgery? My extended TT is scheduled for June 12th. I have spent the last month reading almost all of the post, asking questions and reading as much outside material as possible. I have even watched several videos of the actual surgery. Not all people sleep in a recliner but we wanted to buy one any way so I am going to go to lazy boy and buy one of the overstuffed extra long recliners. I think that this will give me extra support while recovering and to easily be able to put up my feet, sleep on my back (which with my surgery I guess you have too) and also the chair will give me a little momentum to get up because of the rocking motion. However, we are not having the same surgery and I have heard that your recovery will be soooo much easier because you are not having the muscle tightening (is that right)? Also, my hubby is going to take some time off so that he can drop and pick up our child from school. My mom is flying down (was anyways before I knew I was getting surgery) so she will help me a little around the house. I am going to make sure that I have plenty of fluids in the house that are palatable and that I enjoy. Plenty of good food, popsicles. Tons of my favorite lotion because my face gets really dry. I will make sure that laundry is done and the house is clean before surgery. I am going to buy a few new and very big nightgowns and a few pairs of pajama pants because I do not see myself getting into regullar clothes for a few weeks because you are really supposed to rest. Again, I know we are having different surgeries, I just wanted to reach out and respond to your post and hopefully my reply was helpful. I have pre-tt photos on my profile. I made it open to everyone but some people said that you have to friend me. Do you have pre-tt photos?

Sincerely,

Teresa
alicia601
on 4/23/12 10:59 am - NY
My tt is on May 4th ... I am not having the muscle tighening though, just the skin removal. Then of course the arms and back skin as well will be removed. I have a recliner just in case I cant lay in the bed. I also bought front closing nightgowns and shirts and big stretch capris so with the swelling it will be ok. I dont have any pre tt photos. I also will get the house ready so I wont have anything to do when I get home but rest. My husband is also taking off a week to help me. The more rest the less sweeling is what I been hearing. I plan on taking it easy thought regardless. I wish you all the luck with your surgery.

samiamiam
on 4/24/12 7:13 am
Sounds like we were on the same page with what we needed. Are you nervous/scared.
j_j_miller
on 4/24/12 5:48 am
 It sounds like you have everything covered. I would just make sure you follow your Drs orders. Make sure you ear enough healthy foods while your body is trying to heal. Drink a lot, rest alot and take it slow. As far as complications, just make sure your insicions are not red, hot an you have no fever. You will be swollen, your scars will change and that's ll normal. Your surgeon will also have a list of dos and donts, but in addition if you have any questions come here as well. Lots of good advise can be found here. Good luck

Jennifer
BonBon1
on 4/24/12 7:57 am - Somewhere, GA
You might consider getting a toilet riser seat, to make it a little easier getting on and off.  This was very helpful to me when I had my TT.  I just had my arms and TT revisions(more like another TT) done last week and thought I might need the riser seat again, but have managed without it. 
  Good luck with your surgery!
Iam_with_the_Band
on 4/24/12 7:56 pm
With a panni and not a full TT, you probably won't have any muscle work, so your discomfort should be a lot less.  Just make sure you have everything you will need within reach.  I had my TT with hernia repair and my extended brachioplasty in 2009.  The only real problem I had was reaching things that were above my head.  I wore larger sized 'babydoll' blouses from when I was much bigger and purchased my compression garments (my doctor gave me ace bandages) from www.marenagroup.com They helped a lot by keeping my sweeling down.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active