Chlorophyll prior to and following surgery?

Anwing8
on 4/27/12 11:39 pm, edited 4/27/12 11:47 pm - Cape May, NJ
I've been reading a lot about the benefits of liquid chlorophyll and it's healing properties but what I'm most interested in is that many websites I have found say it dramatically increases blood volume and helps cure anemia. I've been anemic ever since my GBP and take iron pills daily but they really upset my stomach. I have not been able to find anything negative. Has anyone heard of or used it?

Some of the claims it helps are:

In addition to helping to rebuild and replenish our red blood cells, chlorophyll, being highly alkaline, also gives the body the following benefits:

• Anti Carcinogenic: Chlorophyll protects against a whole host of carcinogens found in fungus-laden foods such as nuts and grains, the toxins from cooked meats, and air-borne carcinogens (from pollution). It blocks the metabolism in the body of harmful chemicals known as procarcinogens that damage DNA. Studies published in the journals Carcinogenesis and Food and Chemical Toxicology clearly display that chlorophyll inhibits carcinogenesis.
  • Antioxidant & Anti-inflammatory: containing high levels of the vitamins A, C and E, chlorophyll has strong antioxidant capacity and has also been found to help reduce inflammation.
  • Chelation of Heavy Metals: chlorophyll is one of the most important chelates in nature. It’s ability to bind to and remove toxic heavy metals such as mercury makes it an extremely powerful healer.
  • Antiseptic: while chlorophyll doesn’t actually have antiseptic properties of its own, it, quite remarkably, DOES have the ability to aid our body’s tissue in destroying germs. By strengthening tissue, it increases the disease resistance of cells and, at the same time, prevents the growth of bacteria!
  • Treats Bad Breath: This one is a real bonus and really works! Chlorophyll has a double-action remedy for bad breath. Firstly, as a deodorizer, it will eliminate odors in the mouth and throat, but secondly (and more importantly) it promotes a healthy digestive tract – which is the primary reason for bad breath. And if you need more – here is another blog post on foods for bad breath!
  • Rapid Delivery of Magnesium: this has a highly alkaline effect on the body and helps to deliver much needed oxygen to cells and tissues.
  • Contains vitamin K, C, folic acid, iron, calcium, protein: which are all also essential in building and repairing red blood cells and boosting our immune system.

~AMY~
from 308 to 165 `~ 5 years post op and still keeping it off!!
Proud military spouse and Mom to 4 amazing kids!!

MyLady Heidi
on 4/28/12 10:44 pm
 I just went to read about it and it seems getting it from green leafy vegetables in salad seems your best bet especially since it is not soluable in water but needs oil.  I think the supplement is another thing to rip you off.  Go read Wikipedia and what hey say about culinary uses.
dani02
on 4/29/12 10:38 am - Utica, MI
I just read that Chlorophyll was water soluble.
And it makes sense, instead of doing a Super Greens
additive to a protein shake I can just take a capsule.

I like it. I am going to a new surgeon tomorrow for a consult
and I will ask him about it.

Dani
Most Active