California: Where to stay after PS?

Kellawanda
on 5/1/12 2:28 pm
VSG on 06/04/09 with
 My DR recommends I stay in a "care facility" type place for 2 to 3 days afters surgery. I have found a few but their nightly rates are VERY high - $700 per night. Anyone know of a recovery place near Newport Beach, CA?
Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/1/12 4:22 pm
You must be going with Dr Agha.  He does excellent work.  I have friends who have gone and they have paid that high price for aftercare.  No complaints, however.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

sharonleanne
on 5/2/12 7:02 am
 Are you going to Dr. Agha? He is number one on my list right now. How did you decide? Are you coming from out of town? He told me probably one night in an aftercare facility, then I could probably go home. :)
Kellawanda
on 5/2/12 8:15 am
VSG on 06/04/09 with
Yes Im coming from out of town and I decided because......he does incredible work. lol. If you look on his website for total body lift or high definition body lift its just really incredible what he does. And considering that he isnt working with "normal" people...he works with people who've lost tons of weight so his "canvas" is more difficult than what a normal surgeron has and he still manages to make people look better than any other doctor Ive seen. I could have went to Mexico and saved money, but in reality for something like this you have to go by the work - not the price.

http://www.plasticsurgerybodycontouring.com
www.youtube.com/kellawanda <---check out my vlog of my progress

VSG 6/4/2009: I'm 5'4",   HW 242,   SW 234,   CW 155.  Size 6 generally.

PS with Dr. Agha 5/14/2012 - LBL, Arm lift, fat transfer to (_:_) 
sharonleanne
on 5/2/12 9:50 am
 I have met with quite a few plastic surgeons and there are only 2 that I feel confortable with and Dr. Agha is one of them. He is pretty amazing. He spent over an hour with me and he truly has a vision. I told my husband this morning I really "feel" like Dr. Agha is the one. I am so excited for you. When are you doing your procedure?
samiamiam
on 5/2/12 10:26 am
what will you be having done? How much is it? I realize that everyone is different.

teresa
Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/2/12 5:03 pm, edited 5/2/12 5:05 pm
I consulted with Dr Agha also.  My bf at the time lived a few miles from his office, so it would have been perfect.  I sat down and looked at before and afters from Dr S and Dr A.  I  figured the time, I would be required to stay off of work if I went with Dr A and what the total cost would be.  I considered that I would be having the surgery and then going to my bf's for my aftercare.  If I go to Dr S in Mexico, I stay in the clinic and have 24/7 nursing care until I go to the hotel where I have a visiting nurse every morning who stays and helps me shower, changes my dressings and helps me get dressed.  Dr S visits every evening to see me in person and check up on me.  After writing the pros and cons and speaking with both - I decided the best option for me would be Dr S.  I had the money to go wherever I wanted, my bf at the time, paid for my surgery without even asking.  He said it was his gift to me.  (that was my first surgery with Dr S)  I went in 2009 and was extremely happy with my results and my aftercare.  I returned last May for more surgery and will be returning in 2013 for more.  Last May, I was there for 17 days, 6 in the clinic and 11 at the hotel.  When you have lost as much as I have - you have to have a series of surgeries.  Just as Dr A has the one patient who started out at 490.  I started out at 488.  He did 5 surgeries on her in one year.  She looks great!  I'm just taking more than one year to get all of mine done.  I have to work to supoort myself and I wouldn't be able to take an entire year off.  Dr S was the right option for me and he would be the right option for me - even if his cost wasn't less.  He really does amazing work.

sharonleanne
on 5/2/12 7:19 pm
 I have heard lots of great things about Dr. S. Did you go to Mexico by yourself? I really want to go to Vegas and have a consult with him, but my husband is worried about me traveling to Mexico. For me cost is a factor, but I have waited 6 years to do this and I want the right person for the job at the best possible cost. 

Sorry to have taking over your thread about where to stay in California. Would it be cheaper to higher a hire a nurse to stay at the hotel with you? 
Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/2/12 8:42 pm

I did go alone to Mexico the first time 2009.  My BF who paid for my surgery came after I arrived at the hotel to hang out and help me get home.  He worked virtually, so he was usually on a conference call with the UK or somewhere else and I ventured out with other American patients who were there at the same time.  It was a very enjoyable time.  When I went again in 2011, my friend went with me to have a TT and a facelift.  She had her surgery on Monday for her TT and I had my body surgery on Tuesday.  She had her face on Thursday and I had my face on Friday.  We both stayed at the clinic for 6 nights and then to the Hampton Inn.  If I hadn't had the incisions for my LBL/Anchor Cut TT - would have never known I had surgery there.  It was painfree.  My thighs were painfree also, except for the lipo area. 

I really think you have to find the surgeon who is right for you.  IF I had felt for one minute that Dr S couldn't do what I needed or I didn't have trust in him and his staff, I wouldn't have gone.  I totally agree it must be for more reasons than cost.  Dr S is such an artist and unfortunately, his website is no indication of what he is capable of doing.  Most of his patients are from the US and once people get home and heal, he rarely hears from them again.  He never gets the AFTERS to show what awesome work he does.  I have been involved with his work for 4 years and I have seen many AFTERS, in person and via email.  I am not paid by him in any way.  I am just a patient who feels extremely blessed by an amazing surgeon and I want to share him with others.  I was in Mexico in May with a friend of mine from Colorado.  She had surgery by Dr S in 2010 and was returning for more.  I saw her results and she could easily have done Playboy.  Her breasts were very natural.  He was able to do her augmentation without a lift and they were beautiful.  Her body was very curvaceous with a tiny waist and round butt.  I was in awe.  I know we are all different and our bodies are not shaped the same, but he appreciates the female form and strives to make us look as pretty as possible.  He is very honest about what he can and cannot do.  He has never set my expectations higher than he can achieve.  I have done horrible things to my body.  My weight was close to 500lbs at one time and my skin as been stretched to it's maximum.

I know there are some wonderful surgeons here in the states.  I have seen their work.  I have consulted with PS in Aspen and parts of Denver.  I know what is available, but I liked the aftercare program Dr S had to offer and the fact that he does his surgery with an epidural.  I have Malignant Hyperthermia and most anesthesiologists won't touch me in an outpatient setting.  His staff is caring and friendly and the nurse that visits the hotel is excellent.  I wouldn't need a nurse at the hotel with me.  Seriously, you feel so well, you would be surprised.  If you are not doing well, as one patient who had back issues from a prior injury, he kept her in the hospital for the entire 12 days.  He really cares about his patients and their well-being.  This is a surgeon who forgot to collect his payment until the day my friend  was leaving Mexico.  She asked me, "when should I pay him?"  He had never asked her for his payment.  She called his cell and he laughed and said, "oh yeah, I should get that before you leave."  I think that speaks volumes.

jax0601
on 5/3/12 3:13 pm - NV
Sharon,
I have had 2 phases with Dr. Sauceda. We would love to see you in Las Vegas !

My husband went with me for phase #1 because he was worried about me and unsure of Dr. S
Soon after we arrived and were greeted by Dr. S, my husband (and I ) were immediately at ease. You will NEVER find a more caring Dr.

We felt VERY comfortable in Monterrey and Dr. Sauceda keeps you under his wing. For my second phase my husband was unable to go due to a work conflict, but he had NO problem with the fact that I brought a friend with me. He knew that I was in the BEST of hands with Dr. Sauceda and his team.

It would be nice to meet you in Las Vegas !

Marianne
Most Active