Silicone vs. Saline? How to choose?

blondie0803
on 5/6/12 11:36 pm
Hello! Well I am just about 9 weeks post-op from my TT and am having my breast lift and augmentation next month. My question is, did you go with saline or silicone implants? How did you decide?

Thanks! :)
Megan
Weight on Day of Surgery: 261lbs
Current Weight: 152
 lbs                
I am 5'3" and 29 years old. 
Tummy Tuck done on 3/6/12 w- Dr. Vincent DiNick
BL/BA done on 6/23/12 w-Dr. Vincent DiNick

bookfaerie
on 5/7/12 2:35 am
 My Dr. uses these:  http://www.cohesivebreastimplants.com It's another reason I chose him. I wanted the cohesive gel because of the natural feel and the longevity of the implant as compared to saline. A water balloon is a water balloon no matter how you slice it. Cohesive gel doesn't leak doesn't pop, looks and feels natural. They are awesome. (These are commonly known as the gummy implants).
 "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"What your heart thinks is great, is great. The soul's emphasis is always right." Ralph Waldo Emerson    
katier825
on 5/7/12 8:49 am
When you go for a consult, you should ask the doctor's their opinions. From what I've been reading, if you have thin skin or a small amount of natural breast tissue, you may have more rippling with saline. Plus, if it ruptures, you deflate. I don't know how long that takes, but I'd freak out about it I'm sure. I opted for silicone. They are much improved the quality over the ones out years ago. I'm very happy with them. I'm about 9 weeks out and they feel more real than I anticipated.
Maureen K.
on 5/8/12 1:44 am
 I also went with the gummy silicone just seemed logical cant leak feel natural also went with tear drop shaped ones not round didn't want those ball round looking boobs plus placed behind the muscle everyone of my girlfriends say you can totally not tell I had a boob job they look and feel so natural which is just what I was going for  

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Sue C
on 5/8/12 5:41 am - Fargo, ND
Silicone all the way!  Mine look and feel so normal/natural.  I felt someone who has saline and they felt like water balloons and not natural at all.  But that is just my opinion.  Silicone has greatly improved.

~ Sue ~

257/162/150

Most Active