How did you rest if you had alot of work done?

Havalina
on 5/8/12 11:34 pm
I started a thread earlier about arms and laying on the side..

However,
I was wondering how did those of you that had work on your booty ( fat transfer, augmentation, along with a TT ) how did you sit and sleep?
 VSG  Aug 9, 2010 with Dr. Shieh in Fort Myers, FL    
HW 366 Day of Surgery 334
PS: Extended TT, Arm Lift, Fat Transfer to the rear 6/6/2012.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/9/12 12:52 am, edited 5/9/12 1:33 am
 For me, I used lots of pillows and slept when I could. I work nights so I usually didn't sleep through the night, because initially my body was used to being up all night. I slept anytime I wanted to. I used 2 pillows under my knees, one under the small of my back, one under each arm and about 3 behind my back. I tucked myself in and was extremely comfy. I started on my back and then cuddled into a slight side/ slightly back position.Those softer pillows work best.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

j_j_miller
on 5/9/12 3:25 am
 I didnt have my booty done, but pretty much everything else. It's really not something you can prepare for, you just find a way. But pillows is the key. I would find a way to sleep on my side while in a recliner. I would use a wedge pillow to keep me propped up. Just find what works for you. But be careful when changing positions. At night when I would be asleep I would have to wake myself up and plan how I was going to change positions. You take just rolling over for granted. You will know what feels good for you, it just takes time to figure it out. 

Jennifer
Havalina
on 5/9/12 7:17 am
Thank you ladies. I guess I am starting to feel overwhelmed. June 6th isn't far away!
 VSG  Aug 9, 2010 with Dr. Shieh in Fort Myers, FL    
HW 366 Day of Surgery 334
PS: Extended TT, Arm Lift, Fat Transfer to the rear 6/6/2012.

PBJ
on 5/9/12 8:01 am
Drugs!!
Seriously..it was very hard to sleep the first week for me because I had the back lipo along with my TT so it was very hard to get comfortable.  I used pillows around me to help and the pain meds were a hugh help or I wouldn't have slept at all.  After a week..it gets much better! But the first week was a tough one...just expect it and know that it will all be worth it.

good luck to you
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
pagek77
on 5/17/12 12:10 am, edited 5/17/12 12:13 am
I had a breast reduction and tummy tuck yesterday. I was told to sleep in a recliner at a 45 degree angle if I had one or in a reclining position in bed using pillows behind me, on each side under my arms and one under my knees to help take the strain off my stomach.

My tummy tuck was extended so goes onto my back a few inches on both sides and I've been comfortable. I'm taking Percocet every 4 hrs though to stay ahead of the pain. I only slept for a couple hrs at a time last night but not because I was uncomfortable. Im just not used to sleeping like this and I think the drugs are messing with my sleep too. It's not bad though and I do feel rested.

Most Active