Are you nervous while preparing for plastic surgery?

Kellawanda
on 5/9/12 3:35 pm, edited 5/9/12 3:36 pm
VSG on 06/04/09 with
Well technically I wouldnt call it plastic...but reconstructive ;) In 4 days I'll be entering the operating room for my LBL and arm lift with with Dr. Agha in Newport Beach / Costa Mesa, CA. I'm strangely calm! I was a nervous wreck before my VSG, I could barely sleep. But for now I'm okay. Please keep me in your prayers.

I wanted to share a website I found, I havent been through it completely but what I did read seemed nice. Thought I'd share it and ask other people about sites or things that helped them prepare. Preparing must encompass all areas - mind, body, spirit. I think because I've really hit on all those areas....health eating (body), prayer(spirit), and research research research (mind) is why I feel okay!

http://www.preparingforyoursurgery.org/index.html  

Please share your suggestions as well 
www.youtube.com/kellawanda <---check out my vlog of my progress

VSG 6/4/2009: I'm 5'4",   HW 242,   SW 234,   CW 155.  Size 6 generally.

PS with Dr. Agha 5/14/2012 - LBL, Arm lift, fat transfer to (_:_) 
wmcconk
on 5/9/12 4:27 pm - Fircrest, WA
Good luck to you! I just had a brachioplasty on April 11 and a breast lift w/ augmentation on May 3rd. (I'm stopping there for now!)

I was surprisingly calm for both, especially given that these were my first surgeries ever. (and I'm 39!)

My recovery from both has been pretty easy. My incisions are healing nicely and I'm extremely happy with the results so far.

I'll have to check out that website. Thanks for posting it.

I hope you have very easy surgeries and quick recoveries!

I lost my weight with Weight Watcher's & Zumba. I've lost 302 lbs. You can visit my weight loss website at www.freewebs.com/infectiouslaughter
I'll be in the Jan. 2012 issue of People Magazine's "Half Their Weight" issue!!

PBJ
on 5/10/12 12:02 am
I too felt pretty calm...because it was something I wanted very badly!! ..and I totally trusted my surgeon.

wishing you a smooth recovery and great results!  Keep your eye on the prize..the new you!  Keep us posted...

good luck

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
sharonleanne
on 5/10/12 5:20 am
 Good Luck!!! Super excited for you. I'm looking at surgery in July with Dr. Agha so please keep in touch. ;-)
Jujuvee
on 5/10/12 8:01 am
I did not get nervous until they wheeled me in to the OR and made me stand up while they sprayed me down with some kind of antibacterial spray, as they sprayed I had to turn my body, as i turned I saw WAY more than I wanted or needed to see. Trays, lot's of people, tools. They had to give me a little something because my blood pressure was going up... YA THINK!!!

of course I never remember anything after that!

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

ericaFG
on 5/16/12 1:48 pm - Cambridge, Canada
 I was the same! Waiting in the hall on the stretcher - I almost got up and left!! I was so calm before that...the money kept me there lol. 

Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

-VolsDiva-
on 5/10/12 10:34 am - Orange County :), TN
Thanks or the website. I am calm right now but there are times when anxiety hits me. I am counting down the days.

06/07/12 - Dr. Sauceda LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Fat Transfer and Neck Lift

Lakesidemom
on 5/16/12 1:33 pm - Duluth, MN
 As I read this I am thinking you have already had your surgery.  I am so glad for you -  to be at this point in your journey. You were an example (a shining example) for me years ago when I found your posts/ your videos. You continue to put yourself out there and I admire that.  I came to OH today for a little reminder of the work that needs to be done. I had my VSG a couple of years ago and have hit that point where nonchanlance has allowed some weight gain. So, now, time for some discipline so as not to waste the gift of weight loss surgery.  I absolutely refuse to let that happen. So happy that when I opend the OH site the very first posting I saw....was yours.  Love to you. Recover fast.

Kellawanda
on 5/24/12 4:15 am
VSG on 06/04/09 with
 Ironic because I only post every couple months! lol. Ive been a little more active since I was having this LBL surgery. Nice to hear from you and Im sure you will be able to get back on track! Luckily the sleeve makes it a little easier when we are ready to try again :)
www.youtube.com/kellawanda <---check out my vlog of my progress

VSG 6/4/2009: I'm 5'4",   HW 242,   SW 234,   CW 155.  Size 6 generally.

PS with Dr. Agha 5/14/2012 - LBL, Arm lift, fat transfer to (_:_) 
Most Active