Anyone used/opened a credit-card to pay?

Amy W.
on 5/13/12 6:21 am - Buckeye, AZ
My surgerons office gives a huge discount if you don't finance (so I can't do carecredit). I'm wondering if some of you charged some (or all) of a procedure cost to a low-interest  credit card then just payed it off monthly that way?

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

kathkeb
on 5/13/12 9:01 am
Amy -- I did not have to do that (fortunately), but please be careful with the 'low interest' cards.

They are usually associated with alot of fine print --- like the low-interest is only good for 60 - 90- 120 days, and then the interest is raised significantly.  Make sure you have a plan to pay it off before the rates increase.

Make sure, too, that there is no penalty for paying it off too soon -----

If you will really be able to pay it off in that short a period of time, can you just wait and pay in cash?
Kath

Amy W.
on 5/14/12 12:01 am - Buckeye, AZ
w0w... thanks for replying! I'm just so desperate I'm trying to look into aaaall options!

cleos_mom
on 5/14/12 7:00 am - phila., PA
 My Care Credit is 0% for 18 months . If u pay it off by the 18 months 
There is no interest, if u dont pay it off within that time they charge u interest 
From the beginning of the loan usually 24%,
So just make sure ur pay it off in allocated time
Susan
Amy W.
on 5/14/12 2:55 pm - Buckeye, AZ

Susan -
In order to get the discount I would need a loan so I could pay the surgeons office upfront (which can't be financed through carecredit). :/

Don 1962
on 5/14/12 9:13 am

"Lefty" Louie on the corner would probably be a better way of financing your PS than using a credit card. 

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Patricia R.
on 5/15/12 6:24 am - New Oxford, PA

My husband and I looked at a bunch of different options like refinancing our home or car, getting a personal loan, or secured loan, etc but never thought about using a credit card.  I'm sure you know already but you would need to look at how much you would put on it, what the rate was and when you had to have it paid off by to avoid the higher interest rates.  Then ask yourself if you can afford the monthly payments.  We decided that it was best to do a 401K loan.  It's got a low interest rate and it gets directly deducted from the paychecks so I don't see a bill every month.  Plus, it's got a payment we can afford to have.  May not be an option for every person but worth looking into if you have a 401K plan.  Good luck to you!!

Most Active