HELP!!!! Thoughts PLEASE! Pics.

Jmbrown081
on 5/16/12 8:46 am
I'm 12 weeks post op from my LBL, had to have two drains put in my two seromas on my back two weeks ago, and still have them. One of them has been putting out 150cc's lately. I have been having HORRIBLE swelling in the afternoon, even if I dont do much during the day. Its seriously painful, and is making me incredibly uncomfortable. In the morning, I wake up relatively flat (with some swelling, but nothing compared to what its like in the later part of the day,) but by 1pm, I'm in some serious agony. I never did ask my surgeon for a new prescription for pain pills, even though I really do feel like I need them right now. I guess I just didnt want him to think I'm an addict or something. He hasnt seen my swelling this bad, because all of my appointments have been in the morning when I'm flat and painless. I uploaded some pictures in my profile, and you can see what my stomach looks like in the afternoon compared to the morning. My belly button also isnt healing, and started bleeding the other day out of the blue.
I'm in so much pain right now, and so uncomfortable that I'm crying off and on, and I feel nauseous. PLEASE take a look at the pics, and let me know if you think i'm just being unreasonably crazy here. I really feel like I need some other opinions at this point.
I'm so tempted to call the surgeons office and see if I can get a hold of him after hours, but I dont want to seem comepletely nuts.
godzilla
on 5/16/12 9:30 am - Israel
Okay I looked but I couldn't tell about the swelling but I'm on my iPhone in bed trying to go to sleep at almost 2:30a.m.!
If you feel so much discomfort and concern then you call your PS and ask for another apptmt and a script for pain meds. You've been thru a lot and should not have to suffer needlessly.pain is pain.
Mikimi in Israel
MyLady Heidi
on 5/16/12 10:36 am
That looks bad and I am sure its super uncomfortable.  Are you still wearing a binder or something to keep the swelling down.  I swelled for a very long time but it never looked quite that bad.  I don't think you are being unreasonable, that swelling is severe.
NoMore B.
on 5/16/12 11:19 am
 I would call your doctor.  Send him the pictures if you need to, both your swelling and your belly button.  Although you can continue to swell for a long time, most of the swelling is supposed to resolve by 12 weeks.  From what I see in your picture, I didnt swell like that, ever.  
Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/16/12 12:56 pm
 Swelling is normal. I had and still occasionally have swelling like that and I am almost a year out. Now the BB that is not good. Your doctor needs to assess that. You have suffered a lot! I an very sorry for all of your discomfort!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

ericaFG
on 5/16/12 1:42 pm - Cambridge, Canada
 Although the pics were hard to see - that belly button looks infected. I'd call and get it seen. And ask about the rest. 
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Lee ~
on 5/16/12 4:41 pm - CA
 Oh my! I am so sorry that you're still going through this.  I have no advice on the swelling as I have had very little.  Your poor little belly button does however look infected.  I would get tat taken care of.  Can you get a diuretic to help with the swelling?

Please let us know how you're doing!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

KeepOn
on 5/16/12 9:21 pm

Please, Please,.... don't worry "what the doctor will think of me".

You paid big dollars for this persons expertice, and should expect the best service (whether office hours or not). Your surgeon should have the utmost concern for YOUR well being !

CALL  THE SURGEON.

Hoping that all will be resolved quickly and you will be relieved of pain.

PBJ
on 5/16/12 11:21 pm
I so hope you have called by now....that bb looks infected!  You totally should have pain meds if you need them...don't worry about what your doc thinks..he needs to take care of you!  Please do call him ASAP...that BB needs to be looked at.

keep us posted

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Laura in Texas
on 5/17/12 3:29 am
I think it's hard to give a true assessment since I do  not see any "before" pics posted. What did your mid-section look like beforehand?? I definitely did not have swelling like that at 12 weeks. Mine was mostly gone by then. And I agree with the others. Get the belly button checked.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active