HELP! How to lay in bed after LBL?

Kellawanda
on 5/19/12 3:16 pm
VSG on 06/04/09 with
 I had LBL, arm lift, fat transfer to butt on Monday. Overall my incisions are healing very well except that one right above my butt crack, because the only position that I have been able to lay is on my back. However the incision line is beggining to get effected there. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to lay so this area can heal? Keep in mind my arm insicions limit me somewhat.
www.youtube.com/kellawanda <---check out my vlog of my progress

VSG 6/4/2009: I'm 5'4",   HW 242,   SW 234,   CW 155.  Size 6 generally.

PS with Dr. Agha 5/14/2012 - LBL, Arm lift, fat transfer to (_:_) 
Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/19/12 4:27 pm, edited 5/21/12 4:04 am
Use lots and lots of pillows! Put pillows under your knees and behind you! Make them like a recliner. I am talking lots of pillows. Then put them on the sides also to prop up your arms. Sleep slightly on your side but not on your arm. It is doable and it takes the pressure off your butt. My butt was augmented and it just felt weird.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Havalina
on 5/19/12 8:45 pm
I am sorry your having some problems. I was told by others here lots of pillows. I have not had my surgery yet. Its on the 6th.
 VSG  Aug 9, 2010 with Dr. Shieh in Fort Myers, FL    
HW 366 Day of Surgery 334
PS: Extended TT, Arm Lift, Fat Transfer to the rear 6/6/2012.

Angela S.
on 5/19/12 10:11 pm
 I haven't been able to find a comfortable way to sleep in bed. I tried last night again (5 days po LBL) and had to go back to my chair. I didn't have a recliner chair and didn't want to spend a lot of money. I purchased a patio gravity chair.  I laid a blanket over it, then stuffed it with four bed pillows then laid another blanket on top.  It's somewhat like a recliner. To keep pressure off one area of my butt, I stuff a small pillow under one side of me and then switch sides when my alarm goes off to take my meds. 

Good luck!
FaithForward
on 5/21/12 3:52 am - Houston, TX
I am 5 weeks post LBL. I also had the flap augmentation with fat transfer to my booty so laying flat was pretty uncomfortable. I had my breasts and inner thighs done as well - pretty much my whole body hurt everywhere!

What helped was to wedge a pillow under my side and angle my body slightly. Not really fully laying on my side, but angled a bit not flat on my back and the pillow helped cushion my hip. The first few weeks are the toughest!
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. ~2 Chronicles 15:7 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
5'6" ~ Loving a size 4 ~
Plastics Apr 17th, 2012 with Dr. Sauceda ~ BL, BA, LBL w/ flap aug & mini thigh lift!

Kellawanda
on 5/21/12 7:04 am
VSG on 06/04/09 with
 Wow girl thats CRAZY everything you had done at once, kudos to you! Im feeling better laying on my back. Still sucks but you get used to it. 

How are you feeling 5 weeks out?
www.youtube.com/kellawanda <---check out my vlog of my progress

VSG 6/4/2009: I'm 5'4",   HW 242,   SW 234,   CW 155.  Size 6 generally.

PS with Dr. Agha 5/14/2012 - LBL, Arm lift, fat transfer to (_:_) 
Most Active