Update... Kind of

Jmbrown081
on 5/28/12 5:45 pm
 Hello everyone, I'm sorry that I didn't update like I said I would, but everything has been crazy! When it rains, it pours, it really does. 
The short update is that I have to have surgery to fix my seromas. My incisions came open in three places, from the extreme swelling, and the openings have managed to stay small and superficial. I have been having pain and was put on an extremely strong pain killer and given a high dose of antibiotics. My surgeon wants me to pretty much be on bed rest, which is much easier said than done with a four year old, and I feel out of it most of the time because of the pain meds. To top it all off, one of our cars was stolen AND yesterday the A/C unit in my house stopped working. 
I'm healing at a snails pace, and I don't understand it. I'm so glad that I have an amazing surgeon who has made himself completely available to me whenever I need him, and I just want this whole mess to be over with.
I'm so sorry that I haven't been on to update, and thank you all for the concern. I hope everyone has been doing well, and if anyone has any experience with needing surgery to fix seromas, I would love to hear about it.
godzilla
on 5/28/12 5:54 pm - Israel
OMG you poor thing!
Ask your PS about taking zinc supplement.
I hope the rest of your Plastics healing journey goes more smoothly!
Mikimi in Israel
Spedteacher59
on 5/29/12 7:49 am - Levittown, PA
So sorry you are having to deal with all of this at once. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Keep us posted and I pray everything goes better for you from here.

Take care,
Kathy
pagek77
on 5/29/12 3:35 pm
 I can't offer any advice but just wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear all the stuff you're going through! I hope the seromas get taken care of and you start recovering faster without anymore issues. Good luck!
Most Active