Home from Breast Reduction Surgery

MikeyMike
on 6/15/12 3:52 am - New York, NY
Ever since I was thirteen I've had Man tits. They have been a constant point of embarrassment for me. I never liked swimming or any activity where I had to remove my shirt. Hard growing up when we organized team sports by Shirts Vs. Skins.

I'm happy to say they are now gone. I had surgery to remove them yesterday.

I arrived Nassau University Medical Center at 6:00am for an 8:00 procedure on 6/14/2012. The chief Resident Marco Gonzalez did all the markings the Attending Surgeon Joshua Zuckerman reviewed them and said that I will have an excellent result.

Dr. Gonzalez said that this was going to be a complicated surgery as I wanted to preserve my nipple sensitivity. He said it was more than just a Gynecomastia. He again warned me of all the risks and that I will have scars. He showed me where the scars will be. He said he was going to excise the skin all the way around my back to get rid of the rolls. I was very happy about that. He said they were going to have to flip me on the OR table to do that.

He also warned me that it may be possible that the nipple could get damaged during the surgery. And they may have to use a fake one for cosmetic purposes. I said I was willing to accept the risk

They rolled me into the OR about 8:20am. Had me start by breathing in oxygen. injected something into my IV. Next thing I knew I was in the Recovery room. The nurse said you are awake good. Don't know what time that was. Then I fell back asleep and the next thing I knew it was 4:00pm and I was in the ASU area. My ride came they gave me my discharge paperwork. Whi*****luded a antibiotic and percoset script along with a follow up appointment for Monday.

I was upset to see that I had four drains. I was initially told that I shouldn't need any. But I guess since this was a more complicated procedure. It is what it Is.

I got home about 5:00 pm. Immediately went to sleep. I woke up at 10:30pm and realized that I needed to take my meds. I haven't taken any. According to the script I'm supposed to take one of each pill every 6 hours. It's been more than that since the hospital gave me any meds.

I realized that I wasn't experiencing any pain. I decided to take a percoset anyway.

I finally had the nerve to look at the work that they did. It looks awesome. I'm very happy with it. I can see alot since they used steristrips vs. bandages. I can even feel my nipples which makes me totally happy.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

godzilla
on 6/15/12 4:27 am - Israel
You are a very lucky dude!
Enjoy your PS' craftsmanship and your even better body!
Mikimi in Israel
JustLookingToo
on 6/15/12 5:12 am - AL
Wow, that sounds like major surgery! I'm glad to hear that everything went well, and that you like your results so far. It's always interesting to me how each of us, as individuals, focus on some part of ourselves that we don't like, and how the results of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery impact us after we finally have our surgeries. So happy that your surgery turned out well! 

pagek77
on 6/15/12 7:30 am
Congrats on being home recovering from your surgery! It sounds like everything went well. The drains are a little annoying to lug around, but it's better to have them than to have to deal with the repurcussions. I hope you continue to heal and recover well!
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/12 7:33 am
Glad everything went well for you, I hope your recovery goes just as well. Sounds like they took good care of you.

I'm curious as to how far your scar goes around on your back. If I can ask how much did your surgeries cost seperately assuming insurance did not cover them like most people on here.

Have a good day and get some rest,

Brian
MikeyMike
on 6/15/12 8:56 am - New York, NY
It went all the way around. I elected the scar Vs. the Dog ear. He made a joke and said if I was a woman it would be on the bra line. 

Insurance didn't cover it. I went through a teaching hospital. The LBL cost $5,000 and the Breast $2,800.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/12 9:23 am
Wow good prices, your results from the LBL looked good.  MY surgeon stopped right where it started to go around back on my gynecomastia saying it was all I would need. I'm thinking she full of crap!

I'm glad your happy thus far you deserve it after losing all that weight.

I may look into a teaching hopsital or Mexico at some point just from a price standpoint having just paid off my WLS and starting to pay on the plastics debt now.

Thanks for the info have a good day,

Brian
MrsClaus09
on 6/15/12 11:49 pm
 SOOO happy for you!!!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Pat H.
on 6/17/12 2:09 am
You have worked so hard for your successes - glad to see you are doing so well. Congratulations on your surgery and hope your recovery continues to go smoothly!

SW - 234.5  GW - 140.5   Met Goal on 5/7/12  

Pura Vida
on 6/17/12 10:34 pm, edited 6/17/12 10:34 pm - Costa Rica
No more man tits...or back rolls it's a beautiful thing. Congrats to you, you deserve it, now go take a percocet!

Most Active