Day 11

Havalina
on 6/17/12 4:29 am
Today is 11 days out. I am feeling pretty good. I slept in my bed for the first time last night, amazing!!  I had one drain removed Friday and the other will come out next Friday as long as it does well.

My arms are going down every day. I have a indent in my right arm that was a natural crease that we knew could not be changed. It looks a little odd but I am used to it being there, lol. What is amazing is there is no overhang at all! I can't wait to try on shirts. Right now I am in under-armor compression shirts all the time.

My butt looks great! I have two well formed cheeks lol. My moms area is a materpiece haha. My doctor joked when I commented on it, he said "well this isn't amature hour", lol.  I really stressed to my dr how important it was to me for it to look as normal as possible. I had a very large pannus, I have not been able to see that area or the top of the thighs in years. It is a shock to look down and to be able to see my legs. I am still wearing my binder of course so I can't tell what size I currently am or anything but I can say this. Before surgery I could buy a size 10-13 undwear put it under my stomach and it would fit or a 13+ to go above my stomach with most of it hanging out. Yesterday I wore a size 7. Those things looked so tiny I was like there is way those will fit, lol.

My tummy looks good so far, lots of swelling and at first by belly button was black. Well the black scap fell off and its looking much much better. Because my BB stalk was so long and I had a hernia right there we knew it would be comprimised. I have some side rolls again I knew this would be that way because I chose not to have an anchor cut due to the fact it was not going to remove all the rolls. At a later date I will have a bra line lift and breast done. Thighs are next as they are more medically necessary.

I am very pleased with my results so far. I am excited to see my body changing and its amazing to see what my body structure really looks like. In time I will post before and afters.

More to follow....

VSG  Aug 9, 2010 with Dr. Shieh in Fort Myers, FL    
HW 366 Day of Surgery 334
PS: Extended TT, Arm Lift, Fat Transfer to the rear 6/6/2012.

LoriD70
on 6/17/12 5:47 am - Fort Lee, NJ
So happy that you're doing well and loving the results! 
MissCamp26
on 6/17/12 10:53 am
Congratulations! The closer my own surgery gets, the more relieved I am to hear about such positive outcomes. :) Will you be sharing any pictures? I'd love to see the change!
LoriD70
on 6/17/12 2:15 pm - Fort Lee, NJ
I was thinking the same thing!  I find myself getting nervous and then I read these great posts and I'm hopeful I will have the same experience :)
JustLookingToo
on 6/17/12 4:03 pm - AL
I slept in my bed for the first time last night, too, and YES, it was GREAT!!

Glad you got one drain out. I can't wait to get rid of these things. It's like being stung by a bee a 1000 times a day. Every time I move, those darned stitches pull. OUCH!

I can't wait to see your arm photos! I'm just so jealous. I have GOT to go ahead and schedule for my arms. I don't think I'll be happy until I get them done. It's no fun not being able to try on clothes, huh? I've been buying like crazy, and can't try anything on. No fun at all!

WOW! You are down that many sizes in underwear?! That's great! I should also lose a size or two since my belly was my main problem area. Even one size would be nice.

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see pics. Hope you continue to heal well.

Most Active