4 Days Post op from Gynecomastia

MikeyMike
on 6/18/12 8:32 am - New York, NY
I had my first post op visit with my Plastic Surgeon today. He said I was doing well. He removed two of my four drains. Both drains were outputting less than 10 CC's each and were serous (sp)colored.

The other drains are at 45 and 30 he said maybe on the next visit.

Told him I have some soreness under my shoulder blades close to the incision line. Told him it's hard to get comfortable to sleep. He said that was to be expected.  

I asked him if there was anything I can do to help with my healing. He said I should eat more protein. Then he asked me if I lost more weight. He said you're looking thinner up top. Definitely eat more protein. That kind of surprised me as I have been grazing alot lately. I haven't been weighing myself. But I would have thought I put on at least another 5 pounds.

I love the feeling of two less drains. I can't wait until the other two are gone. I'm dying to take a shower.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Tess145
on 6/18/12 9:55 am - Senatobia, MS
Hi Mikey:

You are doing really well.  Hopefully you will get those other two drains out shortly.  I know I felt more human after the removal of mine.  I really got tired of the tugging of the tubes and always hiding them when I went out for a little while.  It is so easy to graze during this time but please make sure you get extra protein too for healing.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

JustLookingToo
on 6/18/12 2:58 pm - AL
I hear you about the shower! I had to bend over the sink and wash my hair last night since it had been TEN DAYS since my last hair washing! Yuck! Glad you got two drains out, and I hope the other two come out soon. 

Protein makes me lose weight faster. Not even sure why, but if I do shakes, I don't have to worry about how much I eat. Maybe because I'm distal. Not sure why.

It is really important to get some extra protein before and after major surgery, though. Great advice from your surgeon. I've been taking mine, and I know it's helping.

Thanks for the update! 

PBJ
on 6/20/12 2:07 pm
So glad to hear that you are doing well.  Keep healing well, get alot of rest and get that proten in.

take care
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Most Active