Lower body lift and breast augmentation and lift follow up.

Kelly W.
on 6/18/12 12:49 pm - WA
I had surgery on jun 11 and everything is going so great for me so far. Had my last two drains pulled today am off pain pills and getting around pretty good!  Still get very tired easy and have to remember to slow down!  I am still really swollen through middle but my tummy is flat... That is so exciting!  Thinking and praying for all of you that are going through this process. 
kathkeb
on 6/18/12 1:06 pm
Congrats, Kelly --- there is nothing like a flat tummy after having been obese.

Glad to hear you are recovering so well --- be prepared for a little 'bounce back' in energy level, it can happen
Kath

jlyn412
on 6/18/12 1:25 pm - Atlanta, GA
So glad you're feeling good and healing well too! Can't wait for my drains to be out! Positive thoughts for a continued seamless recovery coming your way!

TT/TL/AL/BL with Aug 6/15/2012! Looking good so far!

JustLookingToo
on 6/18/12 2:52 pm - AL
Thanks SO MUCH for posting this, Kelly. I was just wondering if anyone ever got rid of the drains this early out. My surgery was June 7th, and I think my output has slowed enough to have them removed tomorrow (I hope). I've also read that some docs don't like to pull all of the drains at once, but I want them BOTH gone tomorrow. We'll see.

I'm so glad that you are doing so well. I also had a tiring day today since I had class all day, but I suppose that's normal. You had a lot more surgery done that I had done, so I'm sure it will be a while before you get your energy back. I hope your healing continues to go well. 

Tess145
on 6/19/12 12:26 am - Senatobia, MS
Sounds like you are doing awesome!  It is such a release to get those last drains removed.  I am dealing with the swelling now.  Better in the morning, not so good in the evening.  I hope everything continues to go well for you.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

onefunolygirl
on 6/19/12 9:30 am - Olympia, WA
Wow Kelly.  Congratulations!  Your doing awesome! Glad to hear everything is going so well.  Going good on this end as well.  Take Care! :)

5' 6", 53 years old 

Highest Weight:   320+  ( Years ago ), Surgery Weight:  270    ( 11/12/10 )
First Major Goal:       220     ( Century Club!!!  100 lbs lost from my highest weight, (Achieved  3/24/11))
Second Major Goal: 198.7  ( Onederland!!!  Have not been been there in 20+ years (Achieved  8/4/11))
Third Major Goal:     160     ( Lost Myself!!!  Half the person I used to be (Achieved 4/14/12 at 159lbs))

bamabelle16
on 6/19/12 11:21 am
Congrats on your surgery and great recovery! I hope mine goes ad well. This is going to sound like a dumb question, but currently the only panties I wear are high waisted flexes with spandex. I am thinking that after surgery they will not be comfortable. Any option suggestions- grannies? Bikinis? Same size or smaller? Trying to prepare. Bought some sundresses today since someone said pants won't be comfortable. Got a snap housecoat with pockets for drains. Also got some long beads to wear to hold drains when showering. Any other tips will be appreciated!
Kelly W.
on 6/19/12 2:09 pm - WA
 I really did not wear underwear until a couple days ago and an wearing the same ones granny panties Right now until the swelling goes down and I know what size I will really be. I have just been wearing sweat pants and just today feel comfortable putting shirts over my head.  I was not allowed to take shower while drains were in. Took my first one today and was great. Good luck. 
bamabelle16
on 6/23/12 11:09 pm
Thank you for the info! Trying to think through and prepare the best I can. I had a slow recovery from rny and hope that since I am in good shape that recovery will be better from ps!
Kelly W.
on 7/1/12 9:19 am - WA
 I totally understand....I was so scared with this surgery because I had major complications with my rny...but this was a piece a cake compared to this...so glad I did not let my fear take over and not go through with my surgery.  Wishing you the best.

Most Active