water pills

dani02
on 6/20/12 8:56 pm - Utica, MI

Question here, can you take a water pill to help with the fluid retention
after Tummy Tuck surgery?

I go in today to hopefully have my drains removed so I will ask the
doctor. Just wanted to get some opinions.

Dani

sonnieN
on 6/20/12 11:55 pm - grand rapids, MI
I took them since I still had some for my BP that was a very low dose. Still swelled. My PCP even prescribed a different one that was better than the BP medicine since it didn't mess w/ my potassium but still swelled. Just took some time. Think it was about week 7 or 8 that it finally went away. Once day pants were tight cuz of the swelling, next time I wore them a week later they were almost falling off. Crazy how the body works.
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/12 1:44 am
I took water pills for years leading up to my plastics. (Edema in my legs) I had drains in for 6 weeks and no shower for that length of time so I feel your angst in wanting the drains out. I would think no, on the water pills being as this is something the body has to do naturally. All yo can do is eat right and stay hydrated till it sees itself through.

Of course I'm no doctor but i would stay away from the water pills myself.

Brian
dani02
on 6/21/12 8:25 am - Utica, MI
Darn you mean no easy fix for me? Actually the doctor did take the drains
out. Yay! I was 25 cc for 24 hours so he said it's a go.

Thank you all for your response. I will stick with eating right, staying
hydrated and walking.

Dani
Crazeru
on 6/21/12 9:58 am
I think on my 3rd day out, I asked Dr Sauceda if I could resume my diurectic and he said yes.  My ankles were already tree trunks and I was up over 10lbs.  It did help, but I did have to make more trips to the bathroom.  I take Maxzide for my edema and have for over 25 yrs.  I doubled up the first 2 days, and by the time I got to the hotel after my facelift, I was still up 10lbs, but a week later I'd lost the 10 and was back at my surgery weight.  

Ask your PS or PCP.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

-VolsDiva-
on 6/23/12 10:48 am - Orange County :), TN
I am glad you posted about this. I am two weeks post op with horrible swelling issues. I said I wasn't going to weigh until the 6 week mark but I did look today to see I am +10 from surgery weight. I know it is swelling but it is a little depressing.

06/07/12 - Dr. Sauceda LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Fat Transfer and Neck Lift

Crazeru
on 6/23/12 12:53 pm
I know they really helped me to rid my body of some of that extra water.  I still had swelling in the abdomen, but my ankles appeared again.   Mos****er pills do strip out potassium... so eat a few bananas.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

PBJ
on 6/21/12 10:39 am
Before surgery I took one for my BP  (before my sleeve surgery I mean).  I don't need them for bp anymore but do at times for water retension...and after PS I needed them and took them...they helped!  I would ask.  Also really try to increase your water intake.

good luck
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
dani02
on 6/21/12 7:42 pm - Utica, MI
Thanks, I think I will call and ask today. However as we are having
a heatwave increasing my water just might be safer right now.

Dani
Most Active