LBL and swelling

ruggie
on 6/23/12 9:46 am - Sacramento, CA
Just curious how long some of you took to reduce your swelling.

When I drove to SF to have my LBL, I was wearing a pair of jeans that were literally so loose they were falling off my ass.  Now, I'm so swollen they are nearly too tight to wear.

About how long for swelling?  For instance, clearly I shouldn't be buying newer pants yet.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

-VolsDiva-
on 6/23/12 10:49 am - Orange County :), TN
Good question. I am suffering from swell hell, too. I am two weeks post op.
Angela S.
on 6/23/12 12:06 pm
 Around week 4, I saw a big difference. I'm almost at week 6 and I'm down a size or 2 depending on the brand and style. 

MikeyMike
on 6/23/12 12:52 pm, edited 6/23/12 12:52 am - New York, NY
I saw a big difference after 3 months in my waist size.

But even to this day I still swell up at times. I can feel my skin tightening and pulsating at times. I also gain water weight. I can gain anywhere from 2 to 5 pounds overnight and lose it just like that a couple of days latter. Even though my eating and exercise plan is on point.

My doctor said that swelling can last up to a year.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Anne D.
on 6/24/12 12:00 am
I'm at week 4 and notice it less. I wear my binder a lot even though doc says I don't even have to. It just keeps the swelling down. I also have some spanks type things but the binder works better. I have been drinking a lot of water, which I add sliced lemon, Ginger, mint and cucumber, this is supposed to really help with getting rid of fluid retention. I wouldn't have believed it, but I swear it works. Good luck Ruggie!

ruggie
on 6/24/12 6:20 am - Sacramento, CA
Thanks!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active