Need support-still waiting on a date under Socialized Medicine...

godzilla
on 6/25/12 3:32 pm - Israel
I live in Israel and we have Socialized Medicine-which means I don't usually pay for any medical things (including not having to pay anything for any of my ops).
Was at my pre-op 10 May and told my op (breast lift and scar revision) would be postponed due to many cases of melanoma, breast reconstruction and burns. Okay I get the Cancer takes precedence, but damn, how long does it take to give me a new date for my op.
This is double-waiting and it is ANNOYING.
I understand my op is considered "complex" but I was given a date for May in January! And my vertical scar keep "opening" in a small area and I have the horrible habit of picking at scabs.
Last week I wrote an email to the PR of the hospital and my letter has been given to the Head of the Plastics Department.
If I don't have a date it is hard to plan things- dental work (three crowns are at least three sessions spaced over a few weeks), sleep study. And I was scheduled for my op after fighting my HMO and winning the appeal for my Plastics.
I try to comment on other people's postings if I feel I have what to contribute. I'm feeling frustrated. I need support and encouragement from my fellow Plastcics posters.
Mikimi in Israel

Lizzy25
on 6/25/12 4:47 pm
 Hi Mikimi, 

Goodness that is frustrating!! I know a small fraction of what you're going through, my breast revision was rescheduled twice and postponed months each time. You feel helpless, angry, and depressed. Those are hard things to feel. I am glad to hear that you are not taking it laying down, you are being proactive and advocating for yourself. There is a saying, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" and I think it definitely applies in healthcare. Keep writing letters. And think of how hard you have already worked to get here, you wouldn't be getting these surgeries if you hadn't lost all of the weight, so how wonderful that you have gotten so far already. Many people gain back all of the weight and more. You are entitled to feel extremely frustrated though. Can you do something nice for yourself every day, something small? Something that you enjoy. And just focus on everything that you have. And keep on fighting to get your surgeries! I will keep you in my prayers. 
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." -Bertrand Russell
5'9 HW: 297 GW: 160 CW: 161
godzilla
on 6/25/12 5:06 pm - Israel
Thsnk you for commenting!
At this point I really need fellow posters to post their support for me to help me thru this waiting time.
I read and and try to post to most everyone and now I need the same.
I hope by next week to hear something more substantial from the hospital.
I have not lost all the weight I should but the hanging skin and rashes are very problematic to my health. I may bever weigh 65K for my height of 152cm/5ft but I hope to one day get down to 70K. I am now at 77K which is fine considering I started out at 120K.
A long journey indeed.
Mikimi
val28
on 6/26/12 12:25 pm - amherst, NY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 03/03/08
i know how frustrated you must feel....my TT was postponed twice plus due to work concerns i couldnt schedule it for 4 months, so i understand what you are feeling, but im sure it will be scheduled soon...just keep the faith

LoriD70
on 6/25/12 10:20 pm - Fort Lee, NJ
That would drive me crazy!  I hope you get your date soon!!
Chana
on 6/25/12 10:28 pm
Ah...Israeli bureaucracy.  I truly feel for you - a friend of mine who's a giyoret just got married there, and you would not BELIEVE what she had to go through beforehand.  I dont know that I have any great words of wisdom - it sounds to me like you're already doing what you can do.  Just keep davening.  And remember, with all the frustrations, there's no place like E'Y.  PM me your name, and I'll add you to my tehillim also.  (Before anybody wonders why I'm asking Mikimi for her name, our custom is to pray for others using a certain liturgy which calls for naming the person by her name and her mother's name, e.g. my name is "Chana Rivka bas Sarah Raizel".)
MikeyMike
on 6/26/12 10:12 am - New York, NY
Praying that your wait will be short and your results will be fantastic!!!

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Tess145
on 6/27/12 3:01 am - Senatobia, MS
 Hi Mikimi:

My mother use to say that patience's was a virture,  (I obviously was looking the other way when this was passed out for I do not have much), but I hope your waiting will soon come to an end and you will get the surgery that you need.  Sometimes when I run into a delay, I always try to look at the bigger picture that it might not be right for me at this time.  There is always a purpose for waiting.  Thank you for always encouraging and supporting me doing my time of need.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

godzilla
on 6/27/12 3:09 am - Israel
Tess-
I too have a problem with patience.
In Hebrew there is a saying "that every delay is for the good".
If I had a date I would feel more relaxed about having to wait.
I plan on S to call the hospital PR again -S in Isrsel is a normal work day here in Israel.
Mikimi
LoriD70
on 6/27/12 6:07 am - Fort Lee, NJ
I hope they're able to give you a date ASAP.  The limbo would drive me crazy.
Most Active